Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suspension is currently stock on my 2000 Si and I'd like to spend about a hundred bucks on something to spice it up. . . and I was thinking a rear strut bar would fit the bill (since it's already got the front one), but in surfing through the forums I hear that it won't give a very noticeable difference unless I've done other suspension modifications. Should I go with my plan or should I start somewhere else with my suspension?

And while I'm at it what rear strut bar would you reccomend around my price?

Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would suggest a rear tie bar or a front lower tie bar. I have both the rear is cheapo megan racing and the front is a Tanabe Sustec both make a difference in handling. The lower ties are cheap (mine was 35 dollars) and the front brace is a lil more (mine was about 100 bucks shipped) but I think the front make a bigger difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess that seals the deal. . . I'll save up for a good spring/strut combo first.

Thanks!

Craig

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
kommon_sense said:
shocks and springs first, then sways, then rear lower tie. Wouldn't really bother with the rear upper strut bar on a street car, especially if you use your trunk.
:nod

That's the reason I took mine off. Makes me really miss having a HB...
Slicing through the interior lining bothered me not in the least.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
since most hondas have inherant understeer from the FF layout, i'd stiffen the rear up more than the front for more neutral handling. like everyone said, start out w/ a good spring/strut combo, then a thick rear non-adjustable swaybar, or front and rear adjustable swaybars adjusted for oversteer mode. if you're on a budget, skip the front strut tower bar and just tie up the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts