Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
consider the fact that i would have the block cleaned up and the cylinders re-honed could i build the engine my self with just tools that i could pick up from a store. i mean all i would have to do is put the pistons,rings,rods, as far as the block goes. is it possible. if its a stupid question forgive me, ive been i iraq for like 1 1/2 years so my import knowledge is rusty

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Snoopy said:
if no machining needs to be done, you can try to put it together. get a helms and follow it step by step. make sure everything is within tolerances.

yeah but you have to make sure EVERYthing is within a very tight tolorence if you want a good reliable motor.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
If you've built engines before I'm sure you could do it, make sure you have an EXCELLENT REFERENCE HANDY, Telescoping gauges, outside micrometers, depth micrometers, a DAMN GOOD TORQUE WRENCH, maybe some plastigauge though I don't really like the stuff I'd rather measure everything with and without bearings with precsision tools and do the math to calculate clearances. But you would need new bearings, I'd suggest much more while your down doing the bottom end but I'm sure you're capable. If you want to do an athome build and can do a write up on it with pics that would be awesome you can also ask me questions if you have any but I don't know everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.