Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you can tell from my sig, my hatch is a daily driver and so i put alot of miles on my new motor. When my GSR reaches around 150K, i know its not gonna be as strong as it was when i first got it. It has 73K miles now... but the way i drive, i put on 3K every 2 months. So... my question is, whats actually needed to keep my investment healthy when it does reach the 150K mark? Should i have it completely rebuilt, from top to bottom. Like port and polish, new seals, etc. Basically everything internal should be replaced im guessing? this way, i can still run either a heavy 9psi turbo application or a 50shot of NOS. Im trying to get ideas now so i can start planning, and start saving in case it is gonna be expensive. any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you can buy a full toda balanced and blueprinted ITR motor from me (balanced and blueprinted .. 12:1 c/r toda pistons) fully assembled.

or just an ITR block

or just an ITR full head assembly minus cam gears but I can sell you some Toda cam gears or a TODA package engine.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
superhybrid said:
you can buy a full toda balanced and blueprinted ITR motor from me (balanced and blueprinted .. 12:1 c/r toda pistons) fully assembled.

or just an ITR block

or just an ITR full head assembly minus cam gears but I can sell you some Toda cam gears or a TODA package engine.
how much for each things?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
superhybrid, no its kewl...im not looking to rebuild the motor yet. i appreciate the offer though. I probably wont get around to do this for maybe another year. i just want to keep my baby strong :D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
if it's running good now then all you have to do is maintain it.
fluids are important. keep them changed frequently and filled. make sure your mods are working together and not detonating or causing internal damage (if using F/I of some sort). my B18C1 had 155K+ on it when i rebuilt it. it ran fine but the rings/seals were wearing out due to high rpm use, it saw redline just about every day. but it still ran great with high mileage.

as long as the motor is maintained it will last quite awhile.

later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.