Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into possibly fully building up a Gsr engine to handle good boost this includes the pistons, rods, and sleeves.

I have a few questions:

1. What other parts should be replaced when rebuilding an engine? please list any tiny thing you can think of.

2. How much boost should this engine be able to run provided that it was well tuned?

3. How much boost will I be able to run on pump gas?

4. Is going with pistons that are overbored .020 gonna make much more power than standard bore ones?

I'm kinda new to the whole rebuilding thing, but i think its the only way I'm gonna get any large amount of power from a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
909 Posts
AzCivic94 said:
I'm looking into possibly fully building up a Gsr engine to handle good boost this includes the pistons, rods, and sleeves.

I have a few questions:

1. What other parts should be replaced when rebuilding an engine? please list any tiny thing you can think of.
*ARP Head bolts
*ACL Bearings (or new OEM)
*Cometic Head Gasket (HP Style for turbo)
*Stainless Steel Valves for higher boost levels
*New GSR Oil Pump, depending on miles

2. How much boost should this engine be able to run provided that it was well tuned?
It all depends on how much compression you are going to run, what kind of fuel setup you have, the extent of the tuning, etc.. But a sleeved and properly tuned B series can boost A LOT if the compression isn't all that high. Get a standalone ;)

3. How much boost will I be able to run on pump gas?
Depends on too many variables for a straight up answer... compression, temperature, intercooling, etc.. all factor into the equation

4. Is going with pistons that are overbored .020 gonna make much more power than standard bore ones?
Does a stock H22 make more power than a stock B18C? :D Of course it will... Good luck! PM me if you wanna talk
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts