Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need help. i am rebuilding my si instead of doing an engine swap. i need to know what are the best products to get.i am replacing everything but the block. what should i get?
this is what i got now:
t3/t4 turbo
je pistons 9-1
rev hard manifold
act stage 3 clutch
crower cams
dc sports headers
aem cai
aem cam gears
freezing my rods
rebuiling the trany

these are the only stuff i have looked at. i dont know what other stuff are good. i need advice
 

· Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Why you going so low on the compression?
hows bout 9.5:1
looks good, get the engine built then think about boosting. I run 6-7psi daily on 140+k stock H23a.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
i second that. 9.0 cr is low, 9.5 would be nice. You won't need AEM CAI, DC header with Turbo. Rev-hard manifold is good. I heard it won't crack. I am not a big fan of ACT, go with Exedy. While you are at it get the rod replaced, too, SAENZ top notch. Also, have the crack blueprint, balanced; Block resleeved, GE Godzila.:cool:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
KustomPrelude said:
yeah i think i am goin to get a turbo kit so i am not goin to get cai or dc headers.
I thought you said that you have that stuff already. I am confused! Anyhow, if you can't connect an AEM CAI w/a turbo, can somebody explain to me how the turbo's intake connects - does it come with it's own setup (I am assuming that you buy a kit)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
yo i would stay with low compresson. if u get a JG pro series head (its kickass) they are going to mill the head wich raises the compression. unless u tell them not too. i would tell them not too. then if u bend a valve (break a timing belt) the head can still be shaved and thrown back on. tell them u want a a big valve head this means they put bigger valves in = more air = more horsepower.
DUDE do not use stock rods if your already in the motor that deep. the rods are weakest link.
u will have to resleeve the block because the sleeves that are in it now are plasma coted which means they will eat up the forged piston.
go ahead and get JG turbo cams. u need a good fuel management system. if u dont have that kinda cash which almost none of us do i would get Vortech boost dep. FPR and a inline fuel pump or intank pump which ever soots u.
it would be good to have it balanced and blue printed.
OF ALL THIS I WOULD GET THE RODS AND RESLEEVE IT!!!! RESLEEVE COST LIKE 150 AND THE SLEVES ARE LIKE 300 FOR 4.
IN THE TRANNY A QUIFE LSD would go good too.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BaronVonFlop said:


I thought you said that you have that stuff already. I am confused! Anyhow, if you can't connect an AEM CAI w/a turbo, can somebody explain to me how the turbo's intake connects - does it come with it's own setup (I am assuming that you buy a kit)
no i dont have the stuff yet. i need to know what all i am going to get before i get the stuff. i know that i dont need an aem cai with a turbo. i said that i decided to get a turbo kit which means that i am not getting a cai or headers. And the rods i was going to keep to get them frozen for free.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
KustomPrelude said:


no i dont have the stuff yet. i need to know what all i am going to get before i get the stuff. i know that i dont need an aem cai with a turbo. i said that i decided to get a turbo kit which means that i am not getting a cai or headers. And the rods i was going to keep to get them frozen for free.
... you confused me with your first post saying 'this is what I got now'. I understand now - lol

KustomPrelude said:

what should i get?
this is what i got now:
t3/t4 turbo
je pistons 9-1
rev hard manifold
act stage 3 clutch
crower cams
dc sports headers
aem cai
aem cam gears
freezing my rods
rebuiling the trany
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top