Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
i dont know what years.. but i know my 4th gen is one of them.. honda sent me a recall card.. saying i could get it fixed for free.. i havent had any problems with the leak yet *knock on wood* but when i tried to go get it fixed.. they didnt really wanna do it.. they wanted to sell me a timing belt change before they did it..... oh well i'll get it fixed sooner or later...

·
Registered
188 Posts
imp0rted1 said:
i dont know what years.. but i know my 4th gen is one of them.. honda sent me a recall card.. saying i could get it fixed for free.. i havent had any problems with the leak yet *knock on wood* but when i tried to go get it fixed.. they didnt really wanna do it.. they wanted to sell me a timing belt change before they did it..... oh well i'll get it fixed sooner or later...
You know that once they have sent you the recall card that they are required, by law, to fix it. They are liable. So if I was you, I would take it back there and tell them that.....They'll get a move on..

·
Registered
376 Posts
i think he was talkn about he had to fix the timing belt, its good to get this fixed b4 it breaks.. it pretty much trashes the motor when it does break but im sure u guys know this.. so i dont know why i even replyed....

·
Registered
358 Posts
that was a while ago when i just got the car that i brought it to honda for the recall.. that was when the car only had like.. 59xxx on it.. they were sayin its a good time to change the timing belt when the fix the oil seal.. but.. i was reluctant.. they wanted money i didnt have at the time... i did my timing belt already.. so maybe i'll bring it back to get the seal fixxed......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts