Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got something in the mail saying that the ignition contacts go bad and the lude just shuts off everyonce in a while. anyone else get this or is this old news?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Old news

Its a very minor problem in many hondas but its definately...old news....take it in they'll fix it no prob....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My Accord had a recall a loooooong time ago for some oil seal that they needed to replace. It was no big deal, the dealership did the modifications in about an hour, free of charge of course. :)

I guess even Honda has the occasional recall. Nothing like the 6+ recalls the Ford Focus has had so far though. :p

·
Registered
898 Posts
I got mine in the mail for the accord 2 months after it happened to me. Charged me $650.00 and wouldn't refund me after the recall came. And it was a honda dealership.

I also got the recall notice in the mail yesterday, too bad my ignition isn't stock. What part is it, and should I still have it fixed? Is it in the switch or elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
TrboH22 said:
I got mine in the mail for the accord 2 months after it happened to me. Charged me $650.00 and wouldn't refund me after the recall came. And it was a honda dealership.

I also got the recall notice in the mail yesterday, too bad my ignition isn't stock. What part is it, and should I still have it fixed? Is it in the switch or elsewhere.
Its the ignition switch..The thing you put your key in..

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I got one in the mail today as well...I will take it in when I have the time.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
i havent got mine..but my dad took in his CR-v last saturday..he got something in da mail...

i'll take mine as soon as i get a letter..thanx for da heads up ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Damn am I behind. I just got mine yesterday too. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
my car has been having trouble starting for like the past two months and i still havent received anything in the mail yet. stupid honda dealership said that can't do anything about it w/o the recall letter thing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone know if I need to take out the aftermarket parts before I get the ignition replaced? Because any aftermarket parts voids the warranty and I don't want honda charging me to get the recall done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
does anyone know how long does it take for them to replace the part. cause i don't like to leave me car at the dealer ship too long.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
some people waited forever to get it fixed,just bring it to the dealership first then ask them,they have to get the parts in first before they can do anything,and some people waited up to 3 months before the parts came

·
Registered
110 Posts
I took mine in yesterday morning @7am...they were done by noon. Of course the honda dealership that I go to has won the Pres Award 3 years in a row(for cust service).

:cool:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Is there a limit to how long you could hold off coming into the dealership. I got my notice a couple of weeks ago, what if I don't wanna come in till next year?

Can we do it ourselves...what needs replacing and how much will it cost does anyone have a diagram?

jay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts