Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what type of nitrous system would be best for an 05 civic lx with a stock motor, or if i should get a few performance parts like a cold air intake and new exaust before installing.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
You're better off doing bolt ons first then adding nitrous afterwards...because honestly short of that you're realyl wasting your money. When you do look into buying a kit, go with either an NOS or NX kit. They are of a similar design, very user friendly, and are a tried and true method. They arnt controlled by some electronic box that could decide it wants to stop working..they are controolled by you so when you fuck up you have nobody to blame but yourself.

· Registered
401 Posts
You're better off doing bolt ons first then adding nitrous afterwards...because honestly short of that you're realyl wasting your money. When you do look into buying a kit, go with either an NOS or NX kit. They are of a similar design, very user friendly, and are a tried and true method. They arnt controlled by some electronic box that could decide it wants to stop working..they are controolled by you so when you fuck up you have nobody to blame but yourself.
I never understood the technology haters. The little electronic boxes usually help you turn in better times. Programmable nitrous controllers - traction and reliability. It's hard to find faults with them - usually installation error or programming error. As we all know that leaves only yourself to blame.
HENRY

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
I never understood the technology haters. The little electronic boxes usually help you turn in better times. Programmable nitrous controllers - traction and reliability. It's hard to find faults with them - usually installation error or programming error. As we all know that leaves only yourself to blame.
HENRY
I dont trust the nitrous brain from venom or zex..I trust progressive controllers and the like for traction and second stages...I dont hang everything I have on an elctronic box..I prefer a mechanical system but there isnt a mechanical pogressive system...That and I dont trust venom or zex as a companies..i trust nx and nos because of their track record...as far as better times with electronic vs mechanical control..i would have to doubt that..if youa re talking a straight 100 shot to a progressive 100 shot to control traction..then thats a different story...just my preference...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.