Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 2001 v6 accord coupe.. and have been thinking about running Redline Synthetic Motor Oil - 10W30 and using Redline Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid. Its supposed to be better for the engine and the trannys runs alot cooler, with less friction. Wat do you'll use.???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh..the Redline tranny fluid is actually alot better for our trannys then OEM>> it is even approved by Mercedes with Dexron II synthetic

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i tried

i tried to use that synthetic stuff in my tranny. i have a honda accord 91 ex with 140,000 miles. i put it in like at 120,000 miles and i noticed a differnce. but after i checked it at 135,000 miles it was pure black. that tranny oil was pretty good, kept the temp down and everything. but it doesnt last long. i suggust if u use it then change it hella often otherwise go with oem

·
Registered
766 Posts
i heard that OEM fluids are better than all this other crap out there...id stay with OEM

·
Registered
404 Posts
Actually Redline Synthetic Racing ATF is really good on the auto Accord tranny. If it wasn't for Redline Racing ATF and a tranny cooler, Comptech's prototype supercharged Accord's tranny would have not even lived though testing. I use the Racing ATF and I am satisified with the results.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I use redline race ATF. It shifts much quicker, not quite as smooth, but the clutches aren't sitting there drifting for 2 seconds waiting for the tranny to shift. I won't go back to another fluid unless my tranny starts acting up then I'll put stock in about an hour before I take my tranny in to get replaced, then about an hour after I get it back I'll put redline back in lol..

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
if u drain ur tranny is it ok or should i flush mine??

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
ne one have ne statistics of tranny fluid?? i would like to do some research since no one is helping me heheh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts