Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
OneManShoW said:
which one above is better (for stock Honda manual transmission) ?
( Redline MTL Vs Amsoil Synthetic SAE 75W-90 API GL-4)
No real answer to that - different oils have different purposes - drag racing, road racing, street driving, etc. will have different requirements.

I have used Redline MTL in my 94GSR with over 100kmiles and the shifts are buttery smooth - can't really attribute that to the oil because previous owner(s) took good care of the car.

Again, different oils have their advantages and disadvantages - it all depends on what u plan on doing with ur car.

A lot of people do stick with the Honda MTF from the dealer though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about the tear n wear (friction) issue? ( just like every morning/cold start;which is the time that it wears at most)
and about the internal parts longevity ( stop and go driving) with basic regular maintenance.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Amsoil owns>

·
Registered
431 Posts
OneManShoW said:
how about the tear n wear (friction) issue? ( just like every morning/cold start;which is the time that it wears at most)
and about the internal parts longevity ( stop and go driving) with basic regular maintenance.
The Honda transmission will last long as long you keep up with the maintenance - I believe every 30kmiles changing the tranny oil is recommended for regular street driving - if you take it to the track then u should consider changing it sooner. Again it all depends on what you do with ur car - and again, the Honda MTF will be all that is needed - with road racing events then going with one of the oils u mentioned would be a good choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts