Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redline Water Wetter Review - Radiator Additive - superhonda.com

Info:

WaterWetter® is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems. Compatible with all antifreezes, including the latest long-life variations

Review:

I have used this stuff for years. I notice a slight difference in performance as well its good added protection.

Check out this video link for detailed info on how it works:
http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp?productID=53&coolantFlash=1

Cost:
$5-9 (dont pay more)

Where to get it:
Advanced Auto Parts (cheapest place to get it)
Napa
Online of course

·
Registered
482 Posts
This may be pure coincidence, but I added the Water Wetter to my system and about a week later my radiator started leaking at the top. Had to replace it, and have been reluctant to use the stuff anymore. My teg had about 70k miles on it at the time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah i recently took out my radiator fan (it broke, still waiting for ithe new one to b shipped) and my car was burning antifreeze and heating up pretty quickly untill i started using this stuff... it really does help, i saw an immediate difference, mos def keeps the engine cooler
NICK

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just put a b18b into my 95 cx and kept the stock cx radiator and I added the water wetter when I finished the swap, and it runs cooler now with a bigger, higher revving engine than it did before with my tiny 70 hp engine. I think this says something about the product :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
from memory it is a surfacent or something like that (getting old memory is starting to fade) and a lot of detergents use this technology to brake down grease eg:dishwasher powder.

·
Registered
226 Posts
50/50, water/antifreeze; before and after water wetter: no difference according to temp gauge on hondata hondalogger connected to my laptop.

james.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts