Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what all is needed to show registration for a car that was ticketed for expired tags. Is it just the title or is there more. I am trying to get all of this before my next court date so I can get the charges dropped.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
you just need to get a copy of the registration that shows it was registered at the time of the stop. and really I could have sworn you could show it to someone before court to get the charges dropped.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the car that had bad tags was sold before the registration was taken care of. And they want my new cars registration, and the judge wants to see it in person. Everything is good on my current car, its just the previous car that got me.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Well the car that had bad tags was sold before the registration was taken care of. And they want my new cars registration, and the judge wants to see it in person. Everything is good on my current car, its just the previous car that got me.
so what you are saying is you have no idea how to register a car?

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
so what you are saying is you have no idea how to register a car?
i don't even understand what hes saying now. why would they want to see the new cars registration if it was the old one that was bad?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know how to register the car, and the new one is registered already. I just don't know if I need the title or something else with it.

And the judge says I need to come back into court to see that I have the new car registered. Don't ask me why they need to see the new registration, but that was the judges request. I just wish they would have dropped the whole thing since the car was sold.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, I found out what I needed. Everywhere I looked for related to this and KY kept showing the Title as the registration. But I called and found out the picture is wrong, and they never noticed the mistake, how they missed this in all of the counties in KY is beyond me though. My buddy showed his registration, so I know what I need.

Next up is seeing the judge. Which I still don't understand why they have to see a different cars registration. Especially since she said she was going to drop it when she sees it, she should have just dropped it right then and there.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Alright, I found out what I needed. Everywhere I looked for related to this and KY kept showing the Title as the registration. But I called and found out the picture is wrong, and they never noticed the mistake, how they missed this in all of the counties in KY is beyond me though. My buddy showed his registration, so I know what I need.

Next up is seeing the judge. Which I still don't understand why they have to see a different cars registration. Especially since she said she was going to drop it when she sees it, she should have just dropped it right then and there.
That's strange. They could just hammer you on the expired tags for your previous car and be done with it because you let the registration expired and you were operating the vehicle. It doesn't matter whether you sold it or not.

Let's me put it this way, if you can't prove your current car is registered, the judge will find your guilty on your previous car. Why? People come to court and lie that they sold a car or whatever other story.. when they still have it and actually drove to court in it... unregistered.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I bought the car with expired tags, and was in the process of getting everything fixed to pass inspection since the car was from out of state. And it is currently registered back in its state to the new owners, which shows it is out of my possession.

And I see your point on proving the current registration. And my mother was in the courtroom as my ride with proof. Yeah, lol, had to call on my mom for a ride to court. And I am surely not driving without my license on me, which the police took a couple of weeks ago.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
as long as you have a form of id its fine. or actually if you had your license number you should be fine as long as its not suspended. explain to the cop another cop took it and why and you would be fine as long as its not suspended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.