Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
that cobra had serious traction issues...did he just buy the car? didn't seem like he knew how to launch it well...

but damn, the editing was really cool. :tu:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
jdmhonda98 said:
THE CAR HAS 452RWH WITH NO TRACTION CONTROL, THAT BENZ WAS $100,000 IT BETTER SMOKE THE (SLOWBRA)
actually there is traction control on the cobra...

and what difference does it make if the benz was $100k? one of my friends in a similar cobra (about 450whp) took out a ferrari that i'm sure cost more than $100k.

i myself am an import head, but i have respect for all cars. i have 2 friends with 03 cobras, one being the one i just mentioned, and another pushing 600whp on a kb blower. i think before you go calling supercharged v8 (stock) cars SLOW, you should know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A 12 year old coulda smoked the cobra driving that benz. That car has so much electronic assistance its not funny. All he has to do is plant he accelerator and off he goes. Given the benz is a 2 tonne car the cobra would have a heaps better power/weight but gettin that power to the ground was clearly a problem. BTW great vid...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
droneH22A said:
A 12 year old coulda smoked the cobra driving that benz. That car has so much electronic assistance its not funny. All he has to do is plant he accelerator and off he goes. Given the benz is a 2 tonne car the cobra would have a heaps better power/weight but gettin that power to the ground was clearly a problem. BTW great vid...
precisely. you could have a 10sec car but not necessarily run a 10sec et. driving makes all the difference...

·
Registered
68 Posts
im shure if both were on slicks at the track the cobra would win.
My friend with a 11sec tubro gsr lost to 12sec all motor hatch back on the street. Maybe the guy in the cobra should trade in the nittos for some bfgs and get some softer suspension in the rear so that fucker squats

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
actually with the diablo chips for the 03 Cobras...traction control can be..or it does get taken off....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
with those mods the cobra was a low 12's high 11's....my friend took his car to Performance Associates and they gave him all of that and an aftercooler,upgrade clutch/flywheel and some kind of heat transfer thing...he dyno'd at [email protected] wheels and with a good driver on street tires the shop said he should be able to hit mid 11's...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
on the 03 cobras, traction control is turned on/off with the push of a button...it's right behind the shifter, on the dash.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
They should have raced from a roll. Then you could see whos car is faster. The 2nd race was close.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah the 2nd race was real close, from a roll im pretty sure the cobra would win..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice

The pictures were nice and I liked the production.

The music went well, but it didn't obscure the engine sounds and the picture quality was good too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The e55 left early both times. On the first race, the cobra let off well before getting to the far camera. I also think the Cobra if faster from a roll. Like said, That E55 is easy to drive, its an auto. You have to know what your doing to drive a 450rwhp 6-speed cobra. Or your just going to go up in smoke. the first vid looked like he was sideway tell like 80

·
Registered
5 Posts
jdmhonda98 said:
THAT BENZ WAS $100,000 IT BETTER SMOKE THE (SLOWBRA)

LOL

Since when does a LUXURY car have to be faster than a Sports car just because it's more expensive??

Does that mean a $200,000 Bentley should be able to bust my ass at the drag strip because it cost a lot??

Sorry, but the ricer math is getting a bit old:rolleyes:

The E55 won fair and square and that's that....

Sure, the Cobra should've won with a better driver...

Sure it would've won if it were on a sticky surface...

Sure it could've won if they went from a roll...

Cudda, Wudda, Shudda...

Bottom line, IT DIDN'T!!

Anything can happen in a street race and you guys should know that better than anyone being the underdogs on the road...

BTW, the E starts at $77K

Rick

·
Banned
1,554 Posts
98 SNAKE EATER said:
LOL

Since when does a LUXURY car have to be faster than a Sports car just because it's more expensive??

Does that mean a $200,000 Bentley should be able to bust my ass at the drag strip because it cost a lot??

Sorry, but the ricer math is getting a bit old:rolleyes:

The E55 won fair and square and that's that....

Sure, the Cobra should've won with a better driver...

Sure it would've won if it were on a sticky surface...

Sure it could've won if they went from a roll...

Cudda, Wudda, Shudda...

Bottom line, IT DIDN'T!!

Anything can happen in a street race and you guys should know that better than anyone being the underdogs on the road...

BTW, the E starts at $77K

Rick

werd..

all you guys basically said was "what if the race was 100% to the cobras advantage..then im SURE it will win"

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
DontRevMe said:
werd..

all you guys basically said was "what if the race was 100% to the cobras advantage..then im SURE it will win"
Ahhh, I knew there was a reason I liked reading your posts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts