Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here remember my old LS/VTEC DA9, and that big issue with that bastard Rob Cardona and his shop Full Blown Racing here in Indiana? Well heres pics of the engine, except now its going in my 1993 Civic Si coming around May/June done running and tuned.

My OLD LS/VTEC which was in my DA
The last time the DA was a running driving nice car.

My NEW CR/VTEC which has been in the works forever

GOING INTO

THE CAR:
1993 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
JDM Foglights
Buddy Club Pro Spec Exhaust
Buddy Club P1 Racing+2 15x6.5" Wheels in Hyper Gold
Omni-Power Sport Coilovers F12kg R10kg
Omni-Power Upper A-arms
Carbon Fiber Duckbill Spoiler
Apex-I VAFC

What I Have Now For Engine:

B20B4 Block Zyglowed, Bored & Honed to 84.5mm with Torque Plate, Align Honed, Hot Tanked, Surfaced & Decked
Crank Magnafluxed, Balanced, Micropolished
Clevite Rod Bearings
Clevite Main Bearings
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
ARP Rod Bolts
Eagle Rods 4340
JE Forged Pistons 11:0:1 Compression Ratio
ITR Waterpump
ITR Oilpump
ITR Timingbelt and new Belt Tensioner
Prodrive Oil Pump Gear
Golden Eagle LS/VTEC Conversion Piece
Endyn Crankcase Breather Kit
Cometic Head Gasket
2000 JDM ITR Cylinder Head from RTR (Real Time Racing)
OBD1 GSR VTEC Distributor
ARP Exhaust Studs
HP Racing 4-2-1 Stainless Header
AEBS Intake Manifold
STR 70mm Throttle Body
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
AEM SRI Intake
ACT Streetlite Flywheel
Hasport Mounts
1996 Integra Type-R Transmission with LSD

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NOW FOR THE MOST RECENT PICS, No they're not my ITB's I wish they're my buddys ITB's and thats his header too. :lol wish it was mine :D

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alex33 said:
don't know if this was covered earlier, but what happened to the DA?

Also, sweet lookin engine
The DA, well now the DA sits in my garage a waste of space a shadow of her former self. I had gone through this local bastard I already mentioned and he removed my old LS/VTEC from the car, stole several parts off the car engine wise, so the car is sitting like that in my garage dirty as hell because he pushed it outside the shop and let it sit there for like 6 months and he had already taken all the money up front to do the work because he wasn't building the engine and my engine shop was. So now its sitting in the garage waiting for a an extra $1000 or so so I can put in a B18A1 and get it running as a daily driver and fix up the interior again etc.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
So you have ls/vtec and a cr/vtec. I understand they make more torque and the cr/vtec makes more power, but is there anything other than that to make it better than a B18C?

·
Registered
342 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
So you have ls/vtec and a cr/vtec. I understand they make more torque and the cr/vtec makes more power, but is there anything other than that to make it better than a B18C?
When you say the cr/vtec makes more power... what do you mean?

When thinking of an ls/crv vtec hybrid, you have to remember... when put together, the parts are swapped and its a good time to upgrade, so... ls/crv tec's vary in power output in regard to their the parts used to put them together and the amount of tuning put into them... no point in asking which 1 is better because its about the amount you put in it that makes it better than another motor.

Stock wise... ls/vtec = b16a head on a b18 block = about [email protected]
cr/vtec = b16a head on b20 block = about [email protected]
GSR = 150hp with i/h/e
(I think I saw the dyno's of these on import builders... this is untuned and with probably an intake and maybe h/e) dont quote me on this, memory is fuzzy on the #'s

Personally, I'd take a b18c over a cr/vtec anyday... unless the cr/vtec was built.... which is totally the point of all this

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
NIce setup! Believe me, I feel your pain. :td to shops that down follow through and do what they promise to do!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
nice setups man, you do some wicked sh*t, i love those ITB's too, I want them :love

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
NOW FOR THE MOST RECENT PICS, No they're not my ITB's I wish they're my buddys ITB's and thats his header too. :lol wish it was mine :D

i have a strong urge to hate...at this point im thinkin to meself if i should ask for persmission on hate on you or just proceed without askin...i have a strong urge to hate..i hate u, imma send u a pm that says how much i hate u, tienlude and yellowd16 both hate u wit the hatred of a thousand pissed off hornets...we hate u.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
ABCsR2EZ4Me said:
When you say the cr/vtec makes more power... what do you mean?

When thinking of an ls/crv vtec hybrid, you have to remember... when put together, the parts are swapped and its a good time to upgrade, so... ls/crv tec's vary in power output in regard to their the parts used to put them together and the amount of tuning put into them... no point in asking which 1 is better because its about the amount you put in it that makes it better than another motor.

Stock wise... ls/vtec = b16a head on a b18 block = about [email protected]
cr/vtec = b16a head on b20 block = about [email protected]
GSR = 150hp with i/h/e
(I think I saw the dyno's of these on import builders... this is untuned and with probably an intake and maybe h/e) dont quote me on this, memory is fuzzy on the #'s

Personally, I'd take a b18c over a cr/vtec anyday... unless the cr/vtec was built.... which is totally the point of all this
I guess what I meant more was if t he cr/vtec and ls/vtec are more sutable for boost. Are they stronger? Stuff like that, becasue you see a lot of people doing it when they could get a GSR engine for less than what they spent on the conversion.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My rims came today, I need 2 new tires to put on em though. Pics of the EG coming soon too.

As for the build the mod list is as follows

B20B4 block, Zyglowed, Hot Tanked, Bored and Honed with a torqueplate to 84.5mm and align honed.
Balanced, Micropolished, Magnafluxed crank
JE 11:0:1 Pistons balanced
Eagle Rods balanced
ARP Head Studs, Exhaust Studs, Main Studs, ARP Rod Bolts
2000 JDM ITR Cylinderhead from RTR (Real Time Racing) Ported and polished
AEBS Intake Manifold for now possibly ITB's
HP Racing 4-2-1 Header Stainless its a piece I know
AEM SR Intake
New ITR waterpump
New ITR oil pump with Prodrive oil pump Gear
New ITR timing belt
All new Clevite race bearings both main and rod bearings
Cometic thin head gasket
ACT Streetlite Flywheel

I could be missing a few things, I'll be running this in my 1993 Civic Si with a 1996 ITR Transmission. Just incase you think the build lacks professionalism it was built by a guy who did 15 years working for TRD and Cosworth building IRL cars and numerous other racing engines. :p Oh yeah, he builds Joe Demeree's engines for his drag car. ;) And I'll make more WHP and torque than a GSR and it should be a pretty damn quick little car for a street car.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
My rims came today, I need 2 new tires to put on em though. Pics of the EG coming soon too.

As for the build the mod list is as follows

B20B4 block, Zyglowed, Hot Tanked, Bored and Honed with a torqueplate to 84.5mm and align honed.
Balanced, Micropolished, Magnafluxed crank
JE 11:0:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP Head Studs, Exhaust Studs, Main Studs, ARP Rod Bolts
2000 JDM ITR Cylinderhead from RTR (Real Time Racing) Ported and polished
AEBS Intake Manifold
HP Racing 4-2-1 Header
AEM SR Intake
New ITR waterpump
New ITR oil pump with Prodrive oil pump Gear
New ITR timing belt
All new Clevite race bearings both main and rod bearings
Cometic thin head gasket
ACT Streetlite Flywheel

I could be missing a few things, I'll be running this in my 1993 Civic Si with a 1996 ITR Transmission. Just incase you think the build lacks professionalism it was built by a guy who did 15 years working for TRD and Cosworth building IRL cars and numerous other racing engines. :p Oh yeah, he builds Joe Demeree's engines for his drag car. ;) And I'll make more WHP and torque than a GSR and it should be a pretty damn quick little car for a street car.
impressive. makes my plans look kinda gay :hehe anyway, i was told taht AEBS manifolds were mainly for forced inducted motors. is that true? 'cause i was planning to go with AEBS rather than skunk2.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got it along time ago, and its a damn nice manifold especially for the money, probably better for FI, but I'm hopefully going to do ITB's sometime spring/summer after I get the suspension on the EG built and the engine in and running, I need a job or something for extra money. :hehe

1 - 20 of 40 Posts