Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt know if this was tech or non tech.
Anyone know how to put remote start onto my 97 accord?
My alarm has the option to put it in but i didnt get it installed cuz they would charge 160 just to add it on. I heard it was very easy since it only takes a few wires. Any ways i have the wires for the remote start that connects to the brain. it is three wires one blue, one black, one brown. BtW its a DEI alarm, so any one with exprience with them please holla back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I got remote engine start
DEI phyton installed before i bought the car
the wiring is complicated
but there are some wire goes to the dirtributor cap

remote start is neat feature especialy in the carzy winter morning

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats y i wanna get it in cuz its been gettin cold.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i want it also. but i spose not many places will install it on a standard tranny car ehh? but if you remember to turn your heat on our car before you get out you should be able to remember to leave the car in neatural with the ebrake on. so why not.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
theforeman said:
i want it also. but i spose not many places will install it on a standard tranny car ehh? but if you remember to turn your heat on our car before you get out you should be able to remember to leave the car in neatural with the ebrake on. so why not.
Yeah standard tranny cars are hard for people to install because its dangerous. Most places wont' even do it, and some make you sign some kind of waiver but are still heistant to do it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey I did my remote start on my car (6th gen 5spd) in my opinion the remote start part of the install was the easiest cuz the wires were right there under the stering colum. Im sure the 5th gens would be easier cus the key dont have a chipp on it.
Got mo Q's I got mo A's
Oh yeah on a 5spd you just have to jumper one of the clutch switches.

·
Registered
91 Posts
got a great deal

I love my remote start also. I had an awesome deal on it, car alarm, remote start, and keyless entry package for an awesome price. My friends dad is an airplane electrician and he helped installed everything on my car for free. Before that, i took to so many shops and most of them would charge an arm and a leg.
oh yeah, DEI is a decent company so u shouldn't have a problem finding a shop to do it for you. My suggestion, let someone that did previous installation to do it for you, messing with the electrical component on your car could lead to series malfunction if you don't know what to do.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree w/ Bowie4583, there is alot of wiring and it does help if you know a little bout electricity. The reason I installed the alarm/remote start my self is cus Circuit City wouldnt do it. So I bought one my self at the BX and read the install and then read the electrical schematics for my car. If I didnt know how to read a scheematic i probly wouldnt have done it. Plus you would need a multimeter and time, but its wort it you can show off and start your car by peeps and think tyour car is possesed or something and girls like toooo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone got the trunk release installed too? there are trunk kits for non electrical trunks but im wondering if its easy too? Well my friend is going to do my remote start. he said its very easy

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
niceaznboi said:
Anyone got the trunk release installed too? there are trunk kits for non electrical trunks but im wondering if its easy too? Well my friend is going to do my remote start. he said its very easy
Who's doing it for you?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more thing, Do u have to program each button or its automatic when u put install the remote start?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
December cuz the circuity city fags wanna charge 160 for puting in 3 wires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts