Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that 6th gens come with the "chiped" key that makes it impossible to start the car without honda cut keys. Question is, is it possible to put a remote start system on it or will it not work becaus of this feature.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
yeup and u need a transponder or something...they leave the vallet key in the dash so when u auto start the car is thinking that u are in the car.

normally if u auto start without the transponder and the chipped key..the car would turn off because it would say "where is the key"...

the only thing is that u will loose the vallet key i believe

·
Registered
343 Posts
I did mines, I got the key bypass thingamajig at circuit city for $45. I used my vallet key and it works fine. Just make sure you get the wire that goes around the ignition nice n center or it wont detect your key. Test before you put everything back, test a couple few times.

·
Registered
385 Posts
to do remote start you also need the Immobilizer Bypass (i don't know if i spell it right) they have it @ car toys like Accord_boy619 sai they sells it for about $45
if you're gonna use your vallet key in that immobilizer bypass you better hide it in a good place (in case you get jack) what i did was went to the dealer and bought a programed key without cutting it... n put them in the bypass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.