Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all would i need to get remote start...i already have a viper alarm and there are 3 blank spots on my remote, i want to get remote start but what will i need in order to do this...is there just a remote start kit that can be added on to the alarm i already have or anything or do i have to buy a whole new alarm system?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is your car standard or automatic.
If standard you can't get it.
If its auto, theres a kit you can get that
can be used.You can probably just go down to circuit city
or best buy and they could let you know whats up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a 5 speed, and why do you say i can't...because of the alarm i have?......cuz i know you can do it on a 5 speed....they just wont insure it or whatever...cuz my friend with a civic si has remote start on his 5 speed and i know a couple of people with remote start on their 5 speeds......also i could but i was just trying to save a trip down there cuz i went a while back about this and they were not helpful at all

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i cant keep my viper alarm and get some kind of kit to add it on ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
sprcharged vtec said:
How can you get a remote start on a standard transmission? The car won't start unless the clutch is pushed all the way in... How is that possible? :confused:
it's only an electrical bypass. i know of a few people with standard trannies that have this done. Best Buy has the units as well.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yeah just gotta bypass the clutch, and if you wanna be safe a neutral switch or an e-brake switch so you dont start the car with it in gear

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sprcharged vtec said:
How can you get a remote start on a standard transmission? The car won't start unless the clutch is pushed all the way in... How is that possible? :confused:
Like they said, its just a clutch bypass they have it on some toyotas as a stock option, my friend had an older tacoma that you just pressed the button and you could start the truck without depressing the clutch........also though, i have heard that you just use the same kit for the 5 speed as the auto but my question is can i do that on the alarm i have now and just add it into one of the blank spots on my remote ?

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Try DEI
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_rs.asp
They are the main company that makes all the alarms.
I just got mines done 2 weeks ago and I have a 01 SH.
If you're a 99 and up you will need to have a key that is hidden in the car and connected to your ignition with a close loop. You have a chip in your key. As for having an add on it might be possible viper sells just remote starter. You might just have to do the rewiring again.
I only spent $180 with a LCD pager i have a VALET 554R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts