Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am wondering if anyone makes a removeable rear strut bar for eg civic hb's? i know that impreza wagons have such things. like, you mount these clips on first, and then the bar, so when you need that space, it'll unclip? thanks.

phil

·
Registered
277 Posts
i've yet to buy one, but there are these things called C-PILLAR BARS...i assume that they work the same as the strut bar and they attatch to you seat belt brackets. They dont "clip on" but should be easy enought to take on and off. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
wentworth said:
Hello all. I am wondering if anyone makes a removeable rear strut bar for eg civic hb's? i know that impreza wagons have such things. like, you mount these clips on first, and then the bar, so when you need that space, it'll unclip? thanks.

phil
I haven't seen one like that. although you can always keep an allen wrench in the glovebox and just remove the bar when needed. However it mounts up high enough, that space may not be a problem unless loading up really big stuff...

As for a c-pillar bar. I would avoid them. I would hate to have someone in the back seat crack their skull on it in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kommon_sense said:
As for a c-pillar bar. I would avoid them. I would hate to have someone in the back seat crack their skull on it in the event of an accident.
good point, all the pictures you'll find have no back seats(gutted).

Has anyone tryed/reviewed those? Im interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.