Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed the power steering on my 97 lx (only the belt cause it started to rain) and it made a noticeable difference. It is little harder to turn. Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks
John

BTW: So thats what was squeaking. :hehe

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
take off everything else.

i think EK's have the ssame issues as tegs, they use the PS pump to lubricate the rack, so you have to run some lines to get the fluid to still circulate.

I think it would be easier to swap in a manual rack, but the auto rack has a bit quicker ratio.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
i got an off subject noob question, what does FERIO mean??? is it a body type???

·
Registered
145 Posts
pretty sure ferio means sedan in japanese? may be wrong though...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
FERIO_SiR said:
so what makes it a jdm sedan? the motor or are you saying the car is actually all jdm, completely imported from japan???

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
BAck to topic...obviously what will happen when you remove p/s is that it gets harder to turn. If you do not plan to ever use it again go ahead and remove all that unsightly crap from your engine & bay! You can loop the lines and leave the fluid that is in the rack there, that's what I've done. But it is actually even a little more difficult now...I guess there should be a vent somewhere in the lines which makes turning easier. They make p/s removal kits with all the stuff you need in it. I didn't use one that is my problem. :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
klungemonger said:
BAck to topic...obviously what will happen when you remove p/s is that it gets harder to turn. If you do not plan to ever use it again go ahead and remove all that unsightly crap from your engine & bay! You can loop the lines and leave the fluid that is in the rack there, that's what I've done. But it is actually even a little more difficult now...I guess there should be a vent somewhere in the lines which makes turning easier. They make p/s removal kits with all the stuff you need in it. I didn't use one that is my problem. :(
thanks i will do that with this http://bakerperformanceparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=452 it's only 45.99

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.