Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, I bought a del sol with a VTEC controller. I dont need this controller since I want to clean the car up and I know it is not tuned properly. Can the unit be removed without any problems, I believe there is a program stored into the unit, will removing cause my ecu to be confused?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
yes it can. it just plugs into the factory harness. just make sure you have some crimps for any sensore wires the afc intercepts

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
i disconnected mine an my car wouldnt idle right at all, an would bogg like shi twhen i hit the gas, why would that be?
well if all you did was disconnect it then you have nothing managing the signal from your harness to your ecu. you must reattach each wire. sounds like you didn't connect the air meter wire back up to the ecu

·
Registered
5 Posts
ic ic, See I need to get with the program, Im new to this car, i just go tit last week, little by little im goin gover everything an learning everything.
Oh would i be abe to tell tho what wire needs hooked back up, would the air meter wire just be hangin gthere or would it be going to the AFC? thanks

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
just get rid of it and get real tuning done in the form of a chipped ecu's. i do not like piggyback backs

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chrome management system works really well. That's what I'm running in my Civic Si. Controls everything and is easy to tweak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts