Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the Haynes manual and got all the clips/bolts/screws out that they listed and still cannot get the damn front bumper off. There are two screw/clips under each headlight that are holding the bumper on and can't slide the headlight out/back enough to get them out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
bluhonbrooke said:
Read the Haynes manual and got all the clips/bolts/screws out that they listed and still cannot get the damn front bumper off. There are two screw/clips under each headlight that are holding the bumper on and can't slide the headlight out/back enough to get them out. Any suggestions?
break em... thats what i did

·
Registered
101 Posts
you don't need to take those screws out right now, becuase there's no way that you can get them out with the headlight there. What you need to do is take your bumper signal lights out and undo those screws that hold on the whole bumper support and take it off like that. There are two bolts on each side. undo those and after you have done that, lift up just a little and pull the whole thing off. I've done this many times.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
TSXmike said:
break em... thats what i did
Wow .. real nice advice dude .. :bh way to have him ruine his car. :noo

The entire metal support needs to come off. The accual bumper cover isnt removed until the support and everything is off..

remove the front signals. remove the screw at each fender. remove the grill. remove the clips underneith. and then remove the 2 bolts behind each front bumper lens, and the entire bumper / support will come off. If your putting on a body kit, then you will remove the clips to the cover once its off the car.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
he might rip the bumper instead of breaking the clips (most likely). He might mess up the paint trying to bend the bumper or something ..

bottom line. thats NOT how you remove a bumper. now, once you get the bumper off, if you wanna leave those clips off for easy removal next time, then thats a possibility. But yanking on stuff violently .. i wouldnt recommend it. :noo

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
TOP END MS said:
he might rip the bumper instead of breaking the clips (most likely). He might mess up the paint trying to bend the bumper or something ..

bottom line. thats NOT how you remove a bumper. now, once you get the bumper off, if you wanna leave those clips off for easy removal next time, then thats a possibility. But yanking on stuff violently .. i wouldnt recommend it. :noo
wait... no... i didnt say leave the 4 of em in there and rip the bumper off the car... wtf... i never said that so quit trying to put words into my mouth :fu

the way i removed the was i used a hobby razor blade type tool and cut the top of that clip off... and slid the bumper off with ease... then i unbolted the support...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.