Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know how to remove the paint from my bumpers w/o messing up the black plastic under it, how do i do this? just factory civic bumper

·
Registered
322 Posts
two options

if your considering repainting the bumper then for the best results you need to sand it down

or if your a lazy and want some shit ass result and chippy paint you can always use paint thinner (but i wouldnt do that).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Two options

1. Sanding it down until you get all the paint off and the surface is smooth as butter. This works well especially if your planning on repainting the bumper in the future.

2. Paint thinner which I highly DO NOT recommend.

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do Not Get Lazy when it comes to painting a car .... Take your time and sand it down. You will thank yourself later , Cuz if you don't get everything smoothed out it will look like A$$. I have been prepping my civic for 2 months now trying to get ready to paint it , i already appreciate taking the time to sand everything down to a perfection. Sorry for the long reply . :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Damn Right!!!

dxcivic96 said:
Do Not Get Lazy when it comes to painting a car .... Take your time and sand it down. You will thank yourself later , Cuz if you don't get everything smoothed out it will look like A$$. I have been prepping my civic for 2 months now trying to get ready to paint it , i already appreciate taking the time to sand everything down to a perfection. Sorry for the long reply . :D
He Right...take your time and sand it... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.