Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how exactly to remove the rear seats of my 93' hatch? I can't seem to get them out and I don't want to tear anything. I lift up and try to move the metal loop around but doesn't get me anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Matt

· Registered
398 Posts
there should be a 10mm bolt holding in the bottom part behind the seat. stick your hand in between the top and bottom halves near the right side and you should see the bolt. take it out and pull up on the bottom half.then pull straight up and back towards the top half and it should come out. if you have any problems let me know. peace.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm stumped, I cannot figure this out. Can't find any bolts either, everything just seems to be attached, and the front part of the rear seats seem to be attached by some god awfull failsafe hook that won't come off. Let me know what im doing wrong if you could, thanks again
Matt

· Registered
1,332 Posts
use a flashlight if you need to........ look between where the top part of the seat meets up with the bottom part of seat..... it should be more on the drivers side of the car but pretty much in the middle.......... its a gold colored 10mm bolt that is securing the lower part of the seat in..... once you locate it and remove it pull up on the rear part of the rear seat once thats done wiggle the front part of it out as well

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Success, I finally got it out. Thanks for the help guys. I been toying with the rear seat forever trying to get it out. I found all kind of neat stuff back there, busted glass, beer tops, money, paper clips. All from the previous owner. Now I just have to get the backs out and ill be in good shape. Thanks again for the help,
Matt

· Registered
8,520 Posts
I jiggled mine .. and they came right out. I found old receipts from the previous owner from like years ago ... and a quarter, and alot of pennies :eek: :D

· Registered
494 Posts
hatchback19 said:
Yes! Success, I finally got it out. Thanks for the help guys. I been toying with the rear seat forever trying to get it out. I found all kind of neat stuff back there, busted glass, beer tops, money, paper clips. All from the previous owner. Now I just have to get the backs out and ill be in good shape. Thanks again for the help,
Matt
Are you trying to lighten it for drag racing or somethin? That's the only reason I would see to take out your seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.