Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to replace tranny fluid when you replace a clutch on a manny tranny?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
dont u have to drain the fluid anyway to change the clutch?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
yes you'll have to change it. actually drain it before you remove the axles otherwise you're gonna get gear oil all over the place. get some honda MTF and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Prelude94'

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
yes you'll have to change it. actually drain it before you remove the axles otherwise you're gonna get gear oil all over the place. get some honda MTF and you'll be fine.

Thanxx. My car is in the shop now and I didnt know if they would have to peplace the tranny fluid or not. So ima go pick up some HTF and maybe some redline to mix with it.

Reactions: iLLeFFeKt CiViC

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
You all realize that this gear oil isn't supposed to be in the bellhousing with the clutch assembly right? cause I'm just checking...and yeah you may as well do a tranny flush and replace it with new Honda MTF.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
You all realize that this gear oil isn't supposed to be in the bellhousing with the clutch assembly right?

yes sir, we know that. well at least i do. :D

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Good, just because some people probably don't, and well that'll really fuck up your clutch etc it'll chatter or slip like a bish.
yeah I knew that too. I dont even know how you would get large amounts in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.