Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 95 gsr and i was wondering how difficult it would be to replace the starter. Would i need any special tools etc.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I replaced one on my friends z28 and it was really easy, but then again thats a domestic so just about everything is easier. All we had was a socket set and make sure that your neg. battery cable is disconnected or else you could encounter some problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yep its really easy, disconnect battery, disconnect the elecrical wires going to the starter and then i think there are 3 bolts that hold it on, it comes right off and then pop the new one back in.

get a helms

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
phuckinilltegie said:
yep its really easy, disconnect battery, disconnect the elecrical wires going to the starter and then i think there are 3 bolts that hold it on, it comes right off and then pop the new one back in.

get a helms

2 bolts hold it on ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes 2 bolts and if its in a 94+ teg, you got plenty of space to work with. Its about a 30 min job for me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
2 bolts, take off ur intake first and it should be easier then. The bolt to ur firewall is very long. The second bolt is on the opposite end. Very easy, not worth paying the shop to do it. Should take only 15 mins for expeirenced tuners. bout 30 for beginers. Nuttin the average tuner cant tackle.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mine 2 bolts broke 2 rachets... those were in there tight... actually, I think I broke one taking it off, and the other putting the bolt back on. I just bought a breaker bar instead (not a pipe, it's basically a ratchet w/o the "free-wheel" capability).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts