Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a differant head off my old d15b2 on my jdm zc d16a6 equiv motor cus i dont want a warped head back on there in case thats the reason it blew, i have lots of airbubbles in my radiator, and the intake from the jdm hard carbon all over it so i think the head is bad anyways, also need to know how to switch the heads correctly and and have the timing belt at the right place, im ready to do this right now so please let me know peolpe

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
you'll want to invest in a helms manual for the torque specs and tightening sequence. it *might* be the same for most d series engines, but i wouldn't want to take the chance that the specs aren't the same and snap a head bolt or leave a leak somewhere due to improper torque-ing sequence

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
I just got off the phone with the motor place....they are gonna just replace the entire motor. of course i gotta pull the damn thing, and its way to damn hot here to be playing in the backyard. so i wont have to go thru this, i just didnt think they were gonna do anything for me.
so is it easier to drop the motor from the bottom than pull it from the top????i know u did a swap so im wondering which way is easiest since im round 2 on the 4door, thanks
dropping the motor to the ground is easier than lifting it out of the chasis... but the y8 wasn't a problem for me with a cherry picker. but, you really need a car lift if you're going to be dropping the motor, rather than lifting it out.

if i had to do it again, i could probably swap in a couple days of hard work, rather than 7 days of thinking and dicking around.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought i sucked taking like 3 days to do the swap, keep in mind that it was like almost 3 real full days, so we probablly s[ent the same tim doing it.
i was told to just get the car high up on blocks; i had more trouble getting it in than out. im impatient, i just want it done now, and usually thats when i bust butt and get it done but im gonna go slow with it, gonna pull all my lines off and get ready and when it cools down im gonna yank it tonight and take it down to the place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.