Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my headlight bulbs with xenon bulbs and i like the way it looks. The only thing i dont like is still having the orange signal lights right next to them. Could i replace those orange bulbs with xenons also? What type of bulb would it be?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think replacing your corner lenses with Xenon bulbs is illegal...depends on where you're located. Just get some amber corners or some clear corners.

·
Registered
693 Posts
leave the amber bulbs in it will save you time (sitting on the side of the road with a cop), money (sending the ticket and money to the state dmv).

·
Registered
466 Posts
kommon_sense said:
turn signals *MUST* be amber. any other color is illegal.
Not in Texas. Front turn signals must be white or amber. Rear turn signals must be amber or red. I got this directly off of the DPS website for Texas. Check your local laws online or call a police department and ask. Here is the exact phrasing:

"3. Turn signal lamp mounting. The lamps showing to the front shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, when signalling, shall emit a white or amber light or any shade of light between white and amber.

The lamps showing to the rear shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, when signalling, shall emit a red or amber light or any shade of color between red and amber."

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, but just out of curiosity.... what type of bulbs are the turn signals?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Gozma said:
I just replaced my headlight bulbs with xenon bulbs and i like the way it looks. The only thing i dont like is still having the orange signal lights right next to them. Could i replace those orange bulbs with xenons also? What type of bulb would it be?
hopefully you have some $$ set on the side for some new bulbs.
those xenon's seem to burn out pretty quick.
next time go with PIAA or Silverstars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts