Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it nessecary to remover the bumper to replace the headlights on a Civic EX Coupe? How hard is it to remove the bumper? I heard its hard to get back on "just right," and if it isnt right, it wont be again. I find this hard to beleive. Is it nessecary to remove the bumper, or does it just make it easier to access some nuts and bolts?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
you do not need to remove the whole front bumper to replace a headlight. LOL. just reach behind the light, pull out the weatherproofing, pull out the socket, replace the bulb, and put everything back. VOILA. now on my buddy's rsx-s, thats a remove the bumper to replace the headlight kinda job. and it sucks lemme tell ya!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
no sir not even if ur takin the stock ones out
this is how u do it
1. take the connections off the housing on the headlight(the bulbs dummy! :p )
2. take the two bolts that are on the black mounting bracket of the headlight its right above the headlights.
3. take your corner lens out and you will notice a bolt that goes in side ways at the bottom of the headlight, you take that bold out.
4. for example say you were working on the left side first, the piece of the headlight that is towards the center of the car you will notice right at the end of the headlight there is a hole if you look in there its the last bolt to take out and it plays an important role in your headlight alignment take that bolt out and just pull the head light out.
good luck~!~!

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you ever have to take the bumper off for any reason, I can say it's fairly easy. I was surprised that I could do it. I was pretty proud! We did have a hard time getting the bumper to line up perfect, but it's all good now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts