Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone remember or have the video of the RX7 sitting in the garage with the hood up....it had a street/strip port job to it and it made it sound like it had a HUGE cam...there was also a lot of black smoke coming out of the exhaust.

if anyone has this video please post

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
color?
was it a dyno video?
there are a few at that ftp site in the "best superhonda find ever" thread...

there's a peter farrell 3 rotor on the dyno, there's 5 minute long dyno vid of a red one, there's a red one that pushes 2 bar...

quite a few in there...

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um it was a silver color and no it wasn't on a dyno just sittin in some guys garage reving i'll have to check that one site out

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
check all the left side links...
i counted, and there are 500+ vids on the site, and they're all pretty good...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know the video your talk'n about... His name is Kyle, and he's sceen name on rx7club.com is nocab72. I've talked to him before... he lives in ohio. He did the video where he raced the Saleen mustang 3 times on the highway. I think I can find that video.. I'll search for it and get back to you..... oh yeah heres a pic of his car too... just thought i'd throw it in there....

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx...got any more of that car?

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found the racing video of it....if u go to the link on best find in super honda history...then go to road racing...its towards the bottom called RX7 Vs. Saleen ...all i have to say is WOW :eek:

·
Registered
158 Posts
The last I heard... that car was running hi 11's... with trap speeds of 125+mph... not too bad i'd say... I'll try to find more vids of him.. but I dont know many others...

·
Registered
177 Posts
it sounded like a helicopter when the camera went towards the rear... looks like a badass setup though...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
where's he from in ohio?
anyone got contact info for him?
i'd like to get some info on his car (and possibly get a feature for him)

·
Registered
784 Posts
that sound is tipical in supped up Rotary engines...

·
Registered
151 Posts
bah... thats just a large streetport wait until you hear a bridgeport or a peripheral turbo... i have the same setup same engine builder... just a different computer and no turbos :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
LostSolVTEC said:
it made it sound like it had a HUGE cam...
rx7's do not have a cam shaft,
they have a rotary engine,

no pistons.. or cams..

just triangles spinning around what would be the crank in a piston engine.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanx for the back up flywsi i just said that it sound like a lumpy cam i know that they are rotarys :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts