Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if theres a thread specifically designated for requesting vids or sound clips but didnt have chance to search at all.

I am about to purchase the Apexi worldsport but im still drawn towards the RSR exmag. Basically im just looking for a clip (sound or video) of a RSR Exmag at WOT driving and hitting vtec getting at least close to redline. Ive seen a couple clips of it being revved in a parking lot, but exhausts tend to sound alot different when pulling through the gears compared to reving in neutral.

If anyone could make a vid with their video camera or just give me a link so i can finally decide on my exhaust it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Johnny.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll see what I can do to get a video up for you. I have the Exmag on my 94 vtec. I should do it anyway, since everyone always wants to hear how the RSR or the WS2 sounds. I'll try to snag a camera and do it in the next few days. I'll do a WOT from a stop, and I'll do one video of cruising and WOT, so you can hear the difference.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hey maybe this will turn around my thoughts on the RSR, up till now ive heard nothing but weak weak sounding clips. Make this one good, you could convince me to buy it!
i want some more info on exhausts from people who actually own them(not the idiots on carreview.com that said, wow, now that i installed it yesterday i love it!) and have for a while. howver, mr. mc rude moderator said no and closed up my thread :noo

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:
Sorry if theres a thread specifically designated for requesting vids or sound clips but didnt have chance to search at all.

I am about to purchase the Apexi worldsport but im still drawn towards the RSR exmag. Basically im just looking for a clip (sound or video) of a RSR Exmag at WOT driving and hitting vtec getting at least close to redline. Ive seen a couple clips of it being revved in a parking lot, but exhausts tend to sound alot different when pulling through the gears compared to reving in neutral.

If anyone could make a vid with their video camera or just give me a link so i can finally decide on my exhaust it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Johnny.
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256389

Do I need to make the link to the prelude FAQ larger?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No u dont need to make it any bigger u wiseass. Like i said i didnt have the chance to search AT ALL, hence the apology before hand. Didnt have time to look though the faq, just typed this up before work real quick.

Back on topic, i've been told in another thread that this exhaust has a chambered design, which is why its rather quiet and therefore appealing to me. As a result it takes a performance hit due to limited air flow. How does this exhaust compare in performance to others(2.5" range of course)? Would the gains in hp/tq be acceptable? Anyone have dyno charts by any chance?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:
No u dont need to make it any bigger u wiseass. Like i said i didnt have the chance to search AT ALL, hence the apology before hand. Didnt have time to look though the faq, just typed this up before work real quick.

Back on topic, i've been told in another thread that this exhaust has a chambered design, which is why its rather quiet and therefore appealing to me. As a result it takes a performance hit due to limited air flow. How does this exhaust compare in performance to others(2.5" range of course)? Would the gains in hp/tq be acceptable? Anyone have dyno charts by any chance?
no time to search but enough time to create a semi-long thread?

the FAQ doesnt have driving clips of the RSR as far as ive seen and thats the only reason why this thread made it past day 1

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:

As Craig said: it takes longer to create this thread than quickly browse through the FAQ. If you honestly don't have time, i'm sure it's not urgent, check it tomorrow.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
expierence97 said:
As Craig said: it takes longer to create this thread than quickly browse through the FAQ. If you honestly don't have time, i'm sure it's not urgent, check it tomorrow.
:bash i typed this up in under a minute while brushing my teeth to go to work so u can explain to me how i can quickly browse the faq in under a minute and find wat i was looking for. the thread was getting some good replies until a moron like u comes along and gotta start some shit.

i know u guys get annoyed when u see exhaust threads since u guys already own one and are past that stage. i feel the same way everytime someone asks which intake to buy since i long ago decided which one to go for.

in this case i just didnt have the time to look around and i even apologized in the first sentence cuz i know how annoying it can be to see threads like these that have already been answered so take my apology. and if it has been covered already shoot me a link and close my thread. im not trying to purposely pollute this forum with useless threads.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:
:bash i typed this up in under a minute while brushing my teeth to go to work so u can explain to me how i can quickly browse the faq in under a minute and find wat i was looking for. the thread was getting some good replies until a moron like u comes along and gotta start some shit.

i know u guys get annoyed when u see exhaust threads since u guys already own one and are past that stage. i feel the same way everytime someone asks which intake to buy since i long ago decided which one to go for.

in this case i just didnt have the time to look around and i even apologized in the first sentence cuz i know how annoying it can be to see threads like these that have already been answered so take my apology. and if it has been covered already shoot me a link and close my thread. im not trying to purposely pollute this forum with useless threads.
brushing teeth and you still managed to type it up in under a minute. wheres my bs flag.

unless you have 3 hands, which i would want to see pics of.

·
Registered
425 Posts
crdcz03 said:
brushing teeth and you still managed to type it up in under a minute. wheres my bs flag.

unless you have 3 hands, which i would want to see pics of.
lol you can be pretty brutal for a moderator :D

edit:
also that Rsr exhaust clip, dont you have other i/h/e stuff going on? also at high rpms, its more of an engine noise than an exhaust, imo, and so far, the outside rsr clips ive heard have been pretty weak.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
94PreludeJDM said:
I'll see what I can do to get a video up for you. I have the Exmag on my 94 vtec. I should do it anyway, since everyone always wants to hear how the RSR or the WS2 sounds. I'll try to snag a camera and do it in the next few days. I'll do a WOT from a stop, and I'll do one video of cruising and WOT, so you can hear the difference.
mikesta21 said:
also that Rsr exhaust clip, dont you have other i/h/e stuff going on? also at high rpms, its more of an engine noise than an exhaust, imo, and so far, the outside rsr clips ive heard have been pretty weak.
mikesta21 i agree with u. in-car clips arent really doing it for me. im dying to hear this exhaust driving by at WOT.

·
Registered
425 Posts
95hprelude said:
whats wrong with my video? its at wot. i love having my intake louder than my exhaust.

also the rsr sounds weak because it is weak.
thats the point, as mike them moderator pointed out with his lude videos, they sounded so much deeper/nicer than stock because of his i/h/e , not just his exhaust. so hearing the car at the high engine speeds where, really, the motor takes over and you cant hear the exhaust, isnt really giving me a whole lot to go off of. Id like to get a clip of it not only flying buy, but taking off near the camera person.
dont take it the wrong way, i thought your video sounded nice, but it doesnt tell me what i need to know about the rsr individually.

·
Registered
296 Posts
no need for a sound clip...the rsr is quiet...i would say 10% louder than stock. I have one on my Si...at WOT the intake is louder than the exhaust...from the cabin, all i hear is the intake...any time i gun it the only the intake gets my attention...and here is what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.