Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchase my Civic (99-00) I plan on upgradding all of the suspension. I.E. Springs, shocks, Struts, strut bar, and sway bars. Also I plan to switch out the front rotors, and run all new brake lines. Knowing that I want to do all of this work on my own (not including alignment) what all tools will I need?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
10 mm socket, 12 mm socket, 14 mm socket, 19 mm socket
Rachet
big phillips screw driver or a hammer driver
10 mm wrench, 12 mm wrench
Spring compressor
Allen wrenches (sorry, I don't rember the size)
A c clamp
A 14 mm line wrench (might be off on that size too) But if you are good with a open end wrench and your brake lines aren't rusted, you should be ok.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
An impact will come in very handy. Especailly when you take the struts apart. Then you shouldn't need the allen wrenchs.
I personally just bleed brakes the old fasion way. I have never used a bleeder tool. But I can't see where it would hurt.
I would also buy a haynes manuel or something like that to help with reffering to stuff.
Make sure you do 1 corner at a time, and put everything back together in the proper order. This is the most common problem when people lower there cars, they forget to reinstall shit.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.