Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need to know how to reset my check engine light on my 99 acura 3.0 CL. I figured since Honda makes acura someone would know how to do it. I tried holding the odometer trip button while the key is halfway turned so the car is not on and i tried pulling out the backup clock fuse which didnt work either. Can someone please tell me how to reset it. My car is fine i pulled out the ignition coil fuse by mistake and it has been on since. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay,

Location is somewhere around the yellow circled section. Im sorry because Aura 3.0CL is not available in my country yet so i dont know the exact position. This is only rough image.

Another thing i have consulted with my mechanic is,

Check engine : Fuel + Air Sensor or could be in cylinder misfiring
Please check the spark plugs also.

so, do u have serviced youre engine recently? ..

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
wtf are you talking about? a check engine light (CEL) can mean a whole bunch of different things....not just a bad fuel sensor. if you really want to find the problem, you have to get the problem diagnosed. there are obd2 CEL readers that tell you what's wrong w/ the car. if you pull the ecu fuse and the light keeps coming back on, you have something w/ the car. go to autozone to have the ecu scanned for free (in most states. california isn't one of them :cry).

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah dude .. forgot to tell u .. u may go to ********* and register there, they might help in acura/honda problems and as 'UltraMagneticAL' said autozone is the best, it will produce error codes after diagnosed the ECU .. solve it according to error codes seen...

cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.