Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man when I played the demo, I was stunned and amaze at how beautiful and gorgeous the games looks and it plays well too. Too bad I have to wait a few weeks in order to buy the game becuase I am broke from paying for college :(.
Anyways, those of you who bought it tell me how the game is and have you beat it already?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,973 Posts
AznImports602 said:
It is coming to ps2 late 2005, but us gc owners get it first :). Also I heard that the guy who made the game was sad that it was going to be on ps2.
I bought the last GC Resident Evil and played only like 5 minutes of it, i can't say it's fun anymore for me playing the series. Kinda feels like Mortal Kombat, too much of the same thing. I had the remake of RE 1 too, i played that a lil more, but never really got into it. I loved the RE series up to Code Veronica, but i think it's time for the series to end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
BabyVadah said:
I bought the last GC Resident Evil and played only like 5 minutes of it, i can't say it's fun anymore for me playing the series. Kinda feels like Mortal Kombat, too much of the same thing. I had the remake of RE 1 too, i played that a lil more, but never really got into it. I loved the RE series up to Code Veronica, but i think it's time for the series to end.
Eh, I kinda get the same feeling sometimes.. but then i get all caught up in the story :D The story's really good, one of the best, right next to MGS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,558 Posts
just picked it up yesterday... the game has changed alot... its like a first person shooter almost!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BabyVadah said:
I bought the last GC Resident Evil and played only like 5 minutes of it, i can't say it's fun anymore for me playing the series. Kinda feels like Mortal Kombat, too much of the same thing. I had the remake of RE 1 too, i played that a lil more, but never really got into it. I loved the RE series up to Code Veronica, but i think it's time for the series to end.
The series totally change for part 4, because there are no zombie or umbrella corporation, it takes place 6 years after part 2. The action is much faster and the atmosphere is ever much more scarier and its a lot more fun because the old games it feels like everything is narrow, while in part 4 the level are much more open and bigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
I got it 2 days ago. Man is it awesome. I'm on Disc 2 already (i had a day off so i basically jus played it for a long time). It's so awesome, and the graphics are great. To give you an idea, this is how the game started out. I walked into this village, and the people in it start attacking you. They all grab pitchforks and knives and chased me. I ran into this house and closed the door. And started shooting them through the door, as its a wooden door. Next thing i know, some guy with a chainsaw cuts the door open, but i push a dresser in front of it and run upstairs. The chainsaw guy cuts the dresser in half and comes up the stairs with a horde of people behind him. I start firing as they come up the stairs, but i didnt notice that the people were raising ladders to reach the 2nd floor i am on, and i get swamped and mauled. i was just like .. :wow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i97supratti said:
I got it 2 days ago. Man is it awesome. I'm on Disc 2 already (i had a day off so i basically jus played it for a long time). It's so awesome, and the graphics are great. To give you an idea, this is how the game started out. I walked into this village, and the people in it start attacking you. They all grab pitchforks and knives and chased me. I ran into this house and closed the door. And started shooting them through the door, as its a wooden door. Next thing i know, some guy with a chainsaw cuts the door open, but i push a dresser in front of it and run upstairs. The chainsaw guy cuts the dresser in half and comes up the stairs with a horde of people behind him. I start firing as they come up the stairs, but i didnt notice that the people were raising ladders to reach the 2nd floor i am on, and i get swamped and mauled. i was just like .. :wow
Damn, thats sounds cool did how did you escape?? Also have you fought that thing that swims in the lake yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
i97supratti said:
I got it 2 days ago. Man is it awesome. I'm on Disc 2 already (i had a day off so i basically jus played it for a long time). It's so awesome, and the graphics are great. To give you an idea, this is how the game started out. I walked into this village, and the people in it start attacking you. They all grab pitchforks and knives and chased me. I ran into this house and closed the door. And started shooting them through the door, as its a wooden door. Next thing i know, some guy with a chainsaw cuts the door open, but i push a dresser in front of it and run upstairs. The chainsaw guy cuts the dresser in half and comes up the stairs with a horde of people behind him. I start firing as they come up the stairs, but i didnt notice that the people were raising ladders to reach the 2nd floor i am on, and i get swamped and mauled. i was just like .. :wow
daaaamn that sounds badass... i think i will pick it up when it comes out on ps2wo... :eek

why is the dood sad it came out on a ps?? PS is what made RE what it is today. I remember beating the Tyrant T-2000 for the first time :aww
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
well when i restarted it, i basically went through the same thing. You are basically in the middle of the village, and they are everywhere, and house i ran into is the nearest one. I run inside, and same thing happens, they break in and i run upstairs. I died before only b/c i got ambushed from behind. So i look and see that the monsters raise ladders to reach the windows upstairs to get me. So i blast the ones coming up the stairs, and then run to the windows. The zombies are climbing up the ladder to reach me, but i push it down lol. they all fall down. i focus back on the ones coming up the stairs, but they keep raising the damn ladder behind me, and i keep knocking it down. so finally, i let them climb the ladder and come in through the window, knock down the ladder, then jump out the window :D so basically, they are all on the 2nd floor of the house, and the rest that i was holding off are on the first floor stairwell, and since i knocked down the ladder b4 i jumped out, they cant climb back down. Knowing how the AI is in this game, i didnt stick around to see if they would jump out the window to get to me. i just ran.

Yea, i fought the monster in the lake. It was great, my anchor got caught on him, and man did i get dragged around.
I strongly suggest you get the GC version, the PS2 vers wont come out till end of 2005/start of 2006. The dood was sad b/c he promised GC exclusivity to the title, and b/c of that he developed the game for GC's specs. To port it to the PS2, and to avoid all slowdowns, the graphics will have to be downgraded alittle. I agree, PS made resident evil what it was. I still play Resident Evil : Director's Cut every once in awhile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i97supratti said:
well when i restarted it, i basically went through the same thing. You are basically in the middle of the village, and they are everywhere, and house i ran into is the nearest one. I run inside, and same thing happens, they break in and i run upstairs. I died before only b/c i got ambushed from behind. So i look and see that the monsters raise ladders to reach the windows upstairs to get me. So i blast the ones coming up the stairs, and then run to the windows. The zombies are climbing up the ladder to reach me, but i push it down lol. they all fall down. i focus back on the ones coming up the stairs, but they keep raising the damn ladder behind me, and i keep knocking it down. so finally, i let them climb the ladder and come in through the window, knock down the ladder, then jump out the window :D so basically, they are all on the 2nd floor of the house, and the rest that i was holding off are on the first floor stairwell, and since i knocked down the ladder b4 i jumped out, they cant climb back down. Knowing how the AI is in this game, i didnt stick around to see if they would jump out the window to get to me. i just ran.

Yea, i fought the monster in the lake. It was great, my anchor got caught on him, and man did i get dragged around.
I strongly suggest you get the GC version, the PS2 vers wont come out till end of 2005/start of 2006. The dood was sad b/c he promised GC exclusivity to the title, and b/c of that he developed the game for GC's specs. To port it to the PS2, and to avoid all slowdowns, the graphics will have to be downgraded alittle. I agree, PS made resident evil what it was. I still play Resident Evil : Director's Cut every once in awhile.

LOL, I can't believe you ran. I would stuck around to see what they do then run, but man I got to get that game, if only I wasn't broke :(. Also yea its true about how the dood was sad becuase he thought it would be a gamecube exclusive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Game fucking rocks! :tu

Eh, I think this game alone is worth the purchase of the GC, even though its coming out on PS2 later this year, but I'll bet it won't look as amazing as this. :D

I'm still on the 1st disc, but I'm having a blast. I would say this is one of those games that everyone must have for their GC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
i also purchased the game. I preordered it and i have to say that the graphics are amazing and that i like the gameplay better then the original. I have RE 0 and the remake of the original. Have played all of them except for Nemesis. But you really have to be a badass in this one to survive. I would have to say it is probably my favorite game at this point. I am on disc two and am on a role. If yo last long enough in the beginning the villagers go into the church and leave you alone.

As for what is the game about you would have to play to find out. All i can say is that there are some familiar names in this game. I do recommend either playing it on a friends gamecube or splurging on a GC and the game.

Also if yo beat the game there is a couple of different things you can get. Ther is one were you kill as many people as you can while trying to find time to up the score. It is called The Mercinaries. Also there is a character in the game that you aslo get to play there role if you beat it. Oh yeah and if you guys played RE 2 and remember getting the triple shot handgun. You can get that along with different costumes if you beat it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My I just got the game a couple of days ago and it is so freakin cool. There is more action than any of the other resident evil games and much better. It feels like I am playing a movie, which is awesome. I love the fact that you can jump kick someone when they are stunned or do a suplex to them.
When I arrive at the village, I climb the tall tower instead of entering a house, which was a bad idea, becuase I just stayed up there thinking about how I am going to kill all those villagers with little ammo, but while staying up there they started to throw mococktails at me trying to make me burn. So I jump down and try fighting them but got swarm while I was reloading and they killed me. Then I did what i97supratti did and it work, but when I started running I ran back to see what the people did and they came after me and that teaxs chainsaw took forever to kill.
If you want to know what the story is, here's a little preview:

"Resident Evil® 4 marks a terrifying new chapter in the world renowned
Resident Evil® series- exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube™. Players
rejoin Leon S. Kennedy, six years after his first mission as a rookie
cop from Resident Evil® 2. Now as a U.S. agent, Leon is on a top-secret
mission to investigate the disappearance of the President’s daughter
and has made his way to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon
encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find outwho or what is behind
everything."
That's from capcom.

Right now in the game I am on the level where I meet an unexpected stranger and no its not Luis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
yep, I just played it at a friend's place. Omg, this game is fun, I died 2 times at the village part before I finally passed it. Did anybody get attacked by a bull? I kept stabbing one, and it got pissed and swiped me with its horn lol. I watched my friend play his game since he's further and he's at the part where....nevermind it's a spoiler, but this game's fighting system is pretty innovative.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top