Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put in or seen a set of reverse indiglo gauges in a civic? I was going to put in indiglo gauges but then I saw this on the internet. For those who don't know what reverse indiglo gauges look like, think of a newer VW. Those cars have them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Reverse Indiglos which i got off of ebay and they are awesome. make sure you buy the apc ones, and not ac autotechnics, cuz the apc look much better

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had both the regular and reverse... the reverse look so much better and they don't hurt your eyes as much. Although, the only problem I see with them is that the needles you can't see where they are :p

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If you're talking about these: white faced with red and blue numbers.. only the numbers light up red and blue at night.. then yeah, my friend has them in his Del Sol.. they look sweet..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not for me

I saw a friends car who has reverse indiglo guages, and your rihgt, you cant see the needles, and they really dont look much different than stock.. except in the day... i know someone who changed the color t=of th bulb, and almost looked as good as reverse indiglo.. but didnt.. I got regular ones, and i just dim them at night if it starts to hurt my eyes or something...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have seen them and yes you can't really see the needles. I won't get them. I like the regular indiglo ones, they will match my guages eventually.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Re: Not for me

dgrobe2112 said:
I saw a friends car who has reverse indiglo guages, and your rihgt, you cant see the needles, and they really dont look much different than stock.. except in the day... i know someone who changed the color t=of th bulb, and almost looked as good as reverse indiglo.. but didnt.. I got regular ones, and i just dim them at night if it starts to hurt my eyes or something...
Would you be able to find out what size bulbs they are? There's only one 194 bulb behind the cluster.. It's in the middle.. all the rest of the bulbs are like MINIATURE 194 bulbs.. They're really small, and I've never seen anywhere that sells them, let alone colored ones..

·
Registered
144 Posts
I personally like the normal indiglos better cause I wanted a major change from stock. They look really sweet at night.

·
Registered
936 Posts
madtownhonda said:
Yeah, I also have indiglo door sills and emblems:rolleyes:
Which ones did you buy???

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
ttt

I rode in a '00 VW Golf today and the guy said his gauges are the nice purplish color at night. It was day time so no chance to see them :( .....but his gauges were PURE black during the daytime (like my 98 Civic).

It must be the bulbs that are providing the purple color, right? If so, any chance we could scoop some up from the VW dealership as replacements for our stock ones :) ...just a thought!!!

I am thinking most likely all dash gauge bulbs are the same

:confused:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Re: ttt

LX98Civic said:
I rode in a '00 VW Golf today and the guy said his gauges are the nice purplish color at night. It was day time so no chance to see them :( .....but his gauges were PURE black during the daytime (like my 98 Civic).

It must be the bulbs that are providing the purple color, right? If so, any chance we could scoop some up from the VW dealership as replacements for our stock ones :) ...just a thought!!!

I am thinking most likely all dash gauge bulbs are the same

:confused:
The VW gauges are pretty cool at night.. Red and purple..

My friend has reverse indiglos in his del Sol.. They're white during the day, and at night the numbers light up red and blue.. They're pretty cool

·
Registered
52 Posts
GET THE AC'S!!! In my opinion, they look MUCH nicer. My old APC's started to look kinda "pinkish" on the lettering. The AC's look a little more stock during the day and the illumination at night is sweet! Modacar.com has them.

j.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I am wanting to get some reverse indiglo gauges for my 98 Civic LX (automatic). I'm not posting to hear how I need to get a 5spd. That will come after school along with the B18.

Anyhow, what brand of gauges do you have?

I was thinking about going with something like below:

Sold for only $40 on ---> Ebay!

I've seen some that have "Racing Fuel Only" on them and they are pretty whack IMO! I see now you can get ones that change to green, but they are about twice as much and I don't care for the green at all! A pic is below of them:

I know the only bad thing about these are the needles do not show up on the gauges. Anyone ever figure out how to get around this problem? Glow in the dark paint on them?? :confused:

I'm not crazy about APC's quality myself. Never owned anything by APC but my brother has. All his bulbs faded and his gay ass altezzas lens kept falling out. Just from his experiences with APC, I've been saying "Say No to APC"!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts