Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last week, my reverse lights have been acting up. when i throw the car in reverse, they flicker on and off, sometimes not even staying on. i figured it would be a short somewhere. my cousin told me, however, that there's a switch or something that is tripped when the car is thrown into reverse, causing the reverse lights to go on. he said that if something is dirty then they won't go on...is this true or do you think it is just the wiring? anyway i can check it myself?

·
Registered
184 Posts
you have a manual tranny right? Well there are two plugs on the trann I think the wires are green and yellow see if they are connected well or not that is probaly where your problem is. That or you have water in you light houseing and it is shorting out the bulb check that as well.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have a manual tranny. i know it's not the bulbs because i've checked and changed them, still getting the same problem. as for the tranny wires, i'll have to go check them and HOPEFULLY that'll solve the problem. anyone else ever have this problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts