Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after muchresearch I decided to spend the money and buy a set of AGX's for my 94EX. The Neuspeed sports were a very harsh ride and with my OEM 241K struts I was being abused. Overall I feel a differance, but is it worth it???? You be the judge
I drive a 10 mile windy back road to work everyday that has curves and hills throughout. Before at 60+ mph you could feel the car walk around, body roll, and over dips and turns the wheels literally feel like they were going to leave the ground. This course I drive is brutual andI am on it everyday

PROS: Car is very responisve, no body roll, suspension is tight, car is very low and looks great. No rubbing on 215*45*17 tires. You are in complete control. On the softest setting this thing is still sporty

CONS: Way to bouncy. On the stiffest setting this damn thing is impossible to drive. On softest setting still not even close to stock. Expensive for someone looking for just a smooth ride.

Here is my bottomline. I wanted a slammed car that road like stock. This is not the setup. I think the car is to low for my wishes and I need to try new springs. Maybe a Eibach prokit. I know these structs are the shit, but my springs I fear are causing the brutual ride. You can't be slammed and drink a coffe at the same time ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to check all my options. What sucks is everytime I do this it costs me $60 to have the springs pressed on the struts. I should just buy some spring compressors but fuck that. :D

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
ITs not the springs .. neuspeed sports are excelent springs and give an awesome ride (BETTER THAN STOCK). Any time you swap springs you gotta get stiffer shocks .. OE Shocks are garbage.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Reviews like this are great; I like the title because it is easy to identify what the thread is about and what you used.
However if you could move this into the Parts review forum that would prove a bit more useful.
I have ventured into the parts review forum myself and it is my feeling that if used correctly then we can make more use of this thread and site.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
teddyca said:
I wanted a slammed car that road like stock. This is not the setup.
No such thing as a slammed car that rides like stock. you have to compromise between handling and comfort. Also, the kyb agx's are not meant for race springs which is why you have a bouncy ride.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Also, the kyb agx's are not meant for race springs which is why you have a bouncy ride.
I also wanna say this too. i hv neuspeed race few yrs ago with koni yellow.. they are just too low. i think theres almost or no travel for the shocks to make a bouncy ride...and i don't see they stiff.......maybe u r sitting on the bump stop. they around only like 400lb spring....and it's a progressive spring..I hv H&R sport after and Eibach sportline too...they all no good, the best is HR..

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well i have the KYB AGX shocks with Eibach sportlines. I agree, driving through rough pavement it is a little bouncy, but I guess thats your springs. I'm just saying a lowered car isn't going to be as comfortable. I had to deal with the ride being choppy at times. I still like the ride and cornering ability of my set up though. :w00t :number1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts