Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
martinez32 said:
Stupid question but are all the thermal stealth systems 2.5in ? I'm just assuming that because the classic's are 2.25in

might have to pic one up for my NA setup
Thats the exhaust i was looking into as well. The stealth is 2.25" and they just put a lil silencer cone type thing in the muffler tip. It quiets it down a bit. I'll do a review once i get it but it might be awhile.

The thermal classic is loud on a N/A car. I've heard that from everyone even thermal. I dont remember now but i asked them the db difference between the classic and stealth and it was like 8db, Which is a whole lot. It is possible that your definition of loud is different than other people.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Or it could just be what model of car you put it on...Blazin Civic was talking about my Accord, and it's really not that loud. It has a very low tone, but unless I really lay on it, it stays civilized. It's a lot quieter than my N1 style exhaust I had on there a while back.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
street_accord94 said:
Or it could just be what model of car you put it on...Blazin Civic was talking about my Accord, and it's really not that loud. It has a very low tone, but unless I really lay on it, it stays civilized. It's a lot quieter than my N1 style exhaust I had on there a while back.
That could also be it. :number1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive had Thermal Classic on my 92GSR for 50,000 miles now and it still sounds very good and like others on here, once the car is floored the Intake makes more noise then the exhaust. I know the mufflers are much bigger on the G2s then in their other systems that have the cannister style, but my friends 96 Civic with a GSR swap has the Thermal on that and I dont remember it being that loud. The whole reason I bought Thermal was becuase I wanted good flow but without all the noise. When we first put it on it was so quiet most people did not know I had exhaust, it has since gotten louder but not enough to make me want to get rid of it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.