Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Rice a universal muffler with a six inch tip? 20 inch rims three inch drop and no camber kit? No its not. Its someone with his or her own sense of style who's made some bad decisions. Stickers do not make you Rice,front mounted cold air intakes do not make you rice. It seems to me people do not mind that Rice,Rice boy,or Ricer is a derogatory term for some cultures dietary intake. Rice is just food. Cant we just call certain people posers? I think alot of people are victim to their own lack of patience. I cant say money because if you save you'll get it eventually. Just my opinion people what do you think? Oh Yeah! For you people who dont get it the ones that look fast and just feel fast. I just defended you so dont rev on me doing 15mph going in the opposite direction LOL later!

· Banned
638 Posts
ummm....ok :rolleyes: :sleep: next thread please

· Registered
298 Posts
Stickers do not make you Rice.
If you don't have the part on your car that the sticker is for, then yes, it does.

Front mounted cold air intakes do not make you rice.
This one is iffy. If the front mounted intakes perform well, fine. Otherwise, they ARE rice, because it's trying to look like an intercooler, which implies turbo, which implies speed that you don't have.

My definition for rice has been pretty well accepted wherever I've given it:

Rice is putting on the appearance of Fast. That's IT.

A body kit isn't rice. It may be ugly, but it's not rice.

Huge rims? Show, not rice. Ugly maybe, but not rice.

Clear Corners/Head/Taillight treatments? Not rice.

The best way to explain is the polar opposite of a sleeper.

A sleeper is high performance with no indications of it's performance level.

A ricer is low performance, while bragging about how high it's performance level is.

That's all.

· Registered
652 Posts
i have one "little" DC Sport sticker on my window........ i don't have that part on my car....but it looks so good

so am i rice?:confused:

and i have other mods on my car :(

· Registered
204 Posts
Re: Re: RICE?Cmon Man!

Mojo-Jojo said:
A sleeper is high performance with no indications of it's performance level.

A ricer is low performance, while bragging about how high it's performance level is.

That's all.
Perfect description IMO.

· Registered
204 Posts
ronald007 said:
i have one "little" DC Sport sticker on my window........ i don't have that part on my car....but it looks so good

so am i rice?:confused:

and i have other mods on my car :(
LOL, I had this sticker too at one point, but I had their header and exhaust, so if you don't have it, don't flaunt it. Just my .02.

· Registered
889 Posts
i'm not getting mad or anything but it's sumtn that has caught my attention in my area. i don't mean to hate any1 either, but i've seen a lot of white people that own super "rice"d up cars. i know ricer is intended to stereotype asian people that drive sticker'd up hondas, but it's ironic that when i see white people. don't get me wrong tho, my dad is white n all, but yah.

anyways, wut's wrong with rice? it tastes better than potatoes. :D

· Registered
7 Posts
not gonna change

No matter what you say or think, it's not gonna change anyone. I took a break from the import scene for a few years and when I got back, all of this "rice" shit came out. I didn;t care for it then and I don't care for it now. It's an opinion. Everybody has one and "rice" will live on. Even when I got into bikes, they called them "rice rockets". Oh well.....

· Registered
298 Posts

so am i rice?
See, the problem is that people see rice, and not rice as absolutes, when really, it's a sliding scale.

That sticker is a tiny bit ricey, since you don't have the part. But, no I wouldn't call your entire car "rice".

Now, if it was a HUGE windshield banner, it'd be a bit different.

· Registered
298 Posts
i know ricer is intended to stereotype asian people that drive sticker'd up hondas, but it's ironic that when i see white people.
You've got it wrong.

It started DECADES ago, beginning with Japanese motorcycles.

They called them riceburners. Derogatory.

Not because Japanese people rode them, but because they were Japanese bikes.

Now that so many of the Japanese bikes are the best bikes you can get, they are ricerockets. A grudgingly respectful term.

"Rice" has nothing to do with the Japanese people, but Japanese cars.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.