Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is really simple. Do you guys think this car is a ricer or not? My buddy keeps calling it a ricer but i am thinking differently. So i figured why not put some pictures up and see what others are thinking. If you want more pictures let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Some might call the tail light tint rice, and the muffler def. is, but the rest of it is fine to me. He's likely a hater who thinks he's cooler than you, but his penis is probably small

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
the ride's good bro, don't sweat it. like he said it's just a case of small penis syndrome

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i had a feeling he was suffering from some kind of hating disorder. i knew the exhaust was gunna be considered ricer tho but the stock exhaust was full of holes and had to go, this exhaust was cheaper for now.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Well, it has elements of being ricer. If you modded your car the way you want it, let it be that way regardless of what others think. If it is ricer, would you change your car? If you are going in the direction of being ricer and you enjoy your mods, then fine.

I tried to rice out my Accord with what I could afford. Altezza taillights, clear front turn signals, clear corner marker lights, Enkei rims, hyper-blue headlight bulbs. Big deal. I didn't get a loud exhaust because I did that to a Jetta and it got old. I want to hear my radio when I'm driving.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i've been there, had to get something better than stock but couldn't break the bank on what you really want, do what you gotta do. the whole rice thing is an attitude just as well as how you dress your car up. i keep it simple, if my car has nice alloys on it i'll stick with them and take the car down 1.5"-2" depending on the car, get ceramic pads because they're hella cleaner, get a CAI, header and atleast replace the stock exhaust piping, that alone will kill a bunch of weight as well as changing out the clutch and flywheel, i wouldn't go super lightweight on the flywheel but something lighter than the 100lb honda one is better than doing nothing, it helps a bit but it's work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
i got my two 12" rockford's to hear over the exhaust lol but i no what your saying, i dont think its ricer compared to what i see other people do. I just am trying to keep it looking clean but with a few little add on's. its a fine line between nice and rice that i try to not cross.

thats pretty much what i been doing, i changed all my exhaust piping its not just a muffler i have the CAI, i love the stock SiR rims so i left them on and have the car on adjustable tein shocks, cars around 2" lower. no cambers tho, or wheel alignment and tire wear is still perfect.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
i got my two 12" rockford's to hear over the exhaust lol but i no what your saying, i dont think its ricer compared to what i see other people do. I just am trying to keep it looking clean but with a few little add on's. its a fine line between nice and rice that i try to not cross.
Stop being a big pussy and cross the line. :hehe

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Ha ha.
Seriously, if I had the money, I would JDM-full-on-rice out a S2000 for the heck of it and then paint it House of Kolor green with metal flakes.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I hate blacked out tail lights personally, they are harder to see and a safety hazard if you ask me. The wing isn't too bad, but its hard to see how well it was installed. I can't make it out completely.

For less rice sound do this in the near future...

You can get custom sized mandrel bent pipe online for your car, with your choice of steel. Be it aluminized 304 or 316. Then you buy 2 straight through resonators(one empty/hollow, and one with steel wool packing in it, like a vibrant extra quiet. Finally an Apexi WS2 and you'll have such a nice mellow tone with or without your catalytic converter.

We only used 1 resonator on my buddys mazda and it was silenced well, however I think it would have done better with a hollow resonator where the cat used to be.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
This seems like the kind of friend who doesn't know what JDM means. Or the fact the Password:JDM isn't real JDM as it is made in America.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
I hate blacked out tail lights personally, they are harder to see and a safety hazard if you ask me. The wing isn't too bad, but its hard to see how well it was installed. I can't make it out completely.

For less rice sound do this in the near future...

You can get custom sized mandrel bent pipe online for your car, with your choice of steel. Be it aluminized 304 or 316. Then you buy 2 straight through resonators(one empty/hollow, and one with steel wool packing in it, like a vibrant extra quiet. Finally an Apexi WS2 and you'll have such a nice mellow tone with or without your catalytic converter.

We only used 1 resonator on my buddys mazda and it was silenced well, however I think it would have done better with a hollow resonator where the cat used to be.
almost rear-ended a mexican lady in a ford explorer about a week ago because they had a million layers of tint on their tailights.....fucking hate norristown...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I no what you mean about the taillights, there people I no that put 7 layers of spray on. That's dangerous. I did 3 sprays like it says on the can and only 1 spray on my reverse lights so its not as dangerous. At night my lights look just fine like any other car on the road. Its people that over kill on stuff like tail light tint that gives it a dangerous reputation.

Oh also my wing is stock for the car so not much can be said about that I think

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
I no what you mean about the taillights, there people I no that put 7 layers of spray on. That's dangerous. I did 3 sprays like it says on the can and only 1 spray on my reverse lights so its not as dangerous. At night my lights look just fine like any other car on the road. Its people that over kill on stuff like tail light tint that gives it a dangerous reputation.
playing Russian roulette with 3 bullets is less dangerous than playing with 5. either way it's still stupid and dangerous. why do you need darker tail lights? You do realize that if somebody rear-ends you that you're pretty much screwed and god forbid they get hurt. the purpose of your brake lights is to let other people know you are stopping, tinting so they look prettier to you is just stupid.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I tinted mine, and that bs about them being too dark to see is hogwash. I've seen some blacked out lights, but I still see the brake lights just fine? Mine were pretty dark for a few years, never got rear ended, never got a ticket. If you like it, go for it. Everyones a critic

1 - 20 of 66 Posts