Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here know how to eliminate this? Its annoying and I asked on ridgeline forum and got hit with some stupid answers. Yes I know its best to wear a seatbelt and I do, however I am not always using it on the road. when I am just hopping in for a few minutes and out or backing it up with the trailer on and stuff like that it gets annoying. I did a search on here and saw someone with an 06 civic asked this and you can 1. eliminate the speaker or 2. unplug the wire going to the buckle under the seat. If i eliminate the speaker does anyone know where it is? If I unplug the wire does it effect the seatbelts? I saw when they asked about the civic that the civic has ssr system or something. If my truck has that would they just put it on the drivers seat? I know my girlfriend has an 06 civic and both her seats beep when you don't put the belt on so i could see that that might have that system. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
the speaker is integrated into the multiplex. don't mess with the multiplex if you only heard that word for the first time just now. it's integrated into the fuse box. nothing can be done.

if you disconnect the seat belt buckle you will disable the SRS system, it cannot be reset unless you take it in. SRS in short is your airbag system.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
See if there is a connector plug under the drivers seat. That's how I killed the seatbelt light and beep on my car, doesn't hurt to see if the new Hondas are still that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All if you have to do is remove the gauge cluster and take it aprt. In the circuit board behind the speedometer there's a little speaker where the beep comes. You just remove that little speaker and you will hear no more beeping. Worked like a charm for me. The speaker looks like a little round black knob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts