Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally Posted by joeyl
Honda needs a rear-wheel drive sedan, and a real truck, does not matter if it is full size or mid size.

What do you think?

>> Ridgeline <<

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
i like it but i dont think i'd buy it

·
Registered
135 Posts
its a excellent truck for honda though considering its their first time roaming into the truck area, i like it but a silverado is more appealing to me though between the two

·
Registered
66 Posts
i'd love to have a ridgeline. then again, i don't do any serious hauling or towing, but do occasionally (5+/month) venture off road. It'd be great for the camping/fishing/backpacking trips i like to take. I also have a small sailboat that i dont currently have something to tow it with, so i think a ridgeline would work great. i dig the vtm-4 system, especially since it has the locking rear diff.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
honda is innovative. its not even a truck in the technical sense. the bed is itegrated into the chassis. the chassis is not a body on frame but a uni-body. rides good, good utility but if you need a true body on frame truck for hauling and towing, get a Nissan Titan

·
Registered
238 Posts
Chinese Acrobat said:
Yeah, The nissan titan is the premier truck right now.
My buddy just got rid of his Titan. I warned him that the Titan required premium to get those 300 ponies. He has a Civic now because it was about $100 to fill up every week.

Can you get the lower model Ridgelines with a factory moonroof? I've always thought that is sucks how you have to move up to the top off the line Honda to get a factory roof. Most mid level Hondas are well equiped. I'm pretty sure that there will be a time soon when Honda dealers will be doing everything they can to get rid of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ridgeline roof

There is no way to get a RT ridgeline with a moonroof. You have to move up to the RTL and get the moonroof option. You are right though, I will do anything to move some ridgeline's. I know of a few aftermarket places that do excellent Moonroof installs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wouldn't want a Honda without a moonroof! It was the one thing that I remember about them as a kid. I don't want leather seats again either. My RSX will be paid off in early summer so I'm thinking of an additional vehicle once it's paid for. I was also kind of waiting for a facelift on the Ridgeline. I think a large number of people buy vehicles on looks alone. The Ridgeline's big nose and Chevy Avalanche like roofline/bedline have thrown alot of consumers off. I don't think there is much they can do with the sides but the grille could use a redesign.

·
Registered
66 Posts
we got about 8" of snow last week, and i had a chance to flog the ridgeline before anything got plowed. it was awesome. vtm-4 kicks ass. didn't get stuck, never lost control. obviously there is a limit, and as with all 4wd/awd, vtm-4 is only helpful if there is still traction. it was great though, drove threw some pretty good drifts. we took it out again after they plowed and drove through the piles of snow. it was great.

as far as the grille goes, i agree. i think it could be improved upon, but i really like the optional grill. we also have one with fender flares that look pretty good. they don't actually increase wheel well clearance, so they're purely asthetic, but i still like the look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont think that there will be a facelift in the near future, since it is still a first year model, but im sure there will be in a couple years. You are right, the VTM system really is excellent. I have a large hill in the back of the dealership that I take the ridgeline over when customer balk at the VTM system. It really works well, and this isn't a tiny little incline, when you are going up the hill, all you can see is sky, and thats with 4" of snow covering it. What kind of vehicle are you looking to add on, a truck, or something sporty?

·
Registered
238 Posts
They gave the RSX a fresher face after only 2 or 3 models years. I didn't mean anything drastic but just a mild face lift nip & tuck around the nose and chin...lol I'm all about Honda, but I will also be waiting to see the new Tundra being assembled down in SanAnTone. By then we might have see a freshening of the Ridgy. Congrats on the Civic and Ridgeline for being named 2006 Motor Trend Car and Truck of the year :number1

·
Registered
238 Posts
I still think the Ridgie needs a restyle. Like I said previously, many many people by vehicles just on looks alone. I think the idea of a Honda truck is totally unique and a nice looking Honda truck/SUT or whatever they wanna call it would be a hit with Honda fans. It would also cross over bigtime with the wannabe Home Depot/While You Were Out/Makeover/Do-It-Yourself crowd. There are alot of weekend do-it-yourself consumers that don't need a heavy work truck and would like to have something other than a F-150/Silverado/Tahoe/Durango.

·
Registered
66 Posts
honda pretty much sticks to a pretty routine design schedule for each model. the MY following release, theres almost always a trim level (MY2007 will add the RTX Ridgeline for instance0, and then a couple years after that have a minor model change for a slight facelift (ie MY2006 Accord Taillights and front fascia). I would assume in a couple years we'll see a MMC for the Ridgeline.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts