Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may start shooting about a 55-75shot soon and im clutch shoppin right now, i think im gonna get a ACT heavy duty pressure plate and a 6-puk, is that enough/too much/ or just right? this car is very daily driven too, thanks

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The six puck might be overkill for 50-75 shots.

I had the Centerforce Dual Friction in my car for a while when I was running 75 shots. It held nicely and my pedal effort was not harder than stock, which was nice when I hit traffic in LA.

You consider looking into the ACT stage 2 or anything to the equivilent?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If it is very daily driven an extreme pressure plate sucks even with a hydraulic clutch but it is a pretty damn good clutch just be carefull with it because it tears up axles pretty easy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
www.coximport.com

exedy flywheel and organic clutch... awesome gripping power, awesome price, and in stock at cox (for a b16 at least).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I personally do not not like the ACT cuz I my past experiences with them. I am now using a stage 3 Clutchmasters, and so far I have been trouble free.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
how much performance/pedal difference between the CM stage 3 and the 4?

i need to throw another clutch on my b18c1 while it's apart and i was considering the CM stage 4. but i'm only gonna be runnin 190whp all-motor for now until i get a charger (.5 bar) or N2O (DP 100 shot).

so will the stage 3 handle the future mods or will it be cool to get the stage 4 now for the eventual power increase and just use it with the all-motor setup?

thanx for any input

·
Registered
111 Posts
the way i look at it... you might as well get the best you can. but is it really needed? probably now

·
Registered
76 Posts
In my opinion bigger is not always better. What I mean is you need to get the right setup for how much horsepower you are running I have seen to many fucked up transmissions and axles and pilot shaft gears in cars that really did not need that much holding power. The shock of how hard a clutch engages is also bad on the engine. I think a tiny bit of slip is okay even if you cant scratch fith gear. I think a 6 puck act or clutchmaster stage 3 will do you fine.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yeah i agree with what you're sayin, about only gettin what you really need to perform to the max without goin overboard.
the stage 3 will be fine for allmotor and it should hold up with 260-275whp when i get boost or N2O.

thanx for the input. i've never used ACT or CM before so i wanted to get some opinions on them before gettin one.

later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts