Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me information how I could get a right hand drive conversion for a 4th gen prelude. I'd prefer to get the whole front clip and have it welded onto the original body, but any way I could do it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
not trying to be anal.. but..

why would you want to make your car right hand drive? its left hand drive for a reason.. just think.. how hard it would be to order at sonic or something from a right hand drive lol.. or are you a mailman and thats why u want it? if you search on po.com there is someone i think that did a right hand drive conversion in his usdm lude..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know it's a bitch to do things, I have a friend with a jdm right hand drive integra, it's not hard to drive at all, since your right turns are gonna be easier, and left turns are wide already anyway. That's just my opinion, and I dont go to fast food places so it would be no problem. I want to be different, VERY different. And this is the best way I can think of. Besides a plethora of mugen parts on car, I dont know of another way to be unique.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
bao said:
Yeah, I know it's a bitch to do things, I have a friend with a jdm right hand drive integra, it's not hard to drive at all, since your right turns are gonna be easier, and left turns are wide already anyway. That's just my opinion, and I dont go to fast food places so it would be no problem. I want to be different, VERY different. And this is the best way I can think of. Besides a plethora of mugen parts on car, I dont know of another way to be unique.
sell your car and import a right hand drive prelude from japan...hey while you're at it, could you put me down for a G34 on the order form for me, thanks

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
why would you want to waste your money on converting to a right hand drive lude. You get nothing out of it but getting better use of ur left hand. I got better things for my left hand.:D

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
hmm..i dunno..itd be cool if done, but you'd have a craptastic time finding the parts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
what are you guys on crack?
why WOULDNT you want a rhd prelude? let me list the reasons you would since there are no valid reasons not to.

1 pimp factor 10
2 jdm
3 if your right handed, wouldnt you want to steer with your best hand?
4 who has it?
5 about the getting fast food....how cool would that be to have to lean over the seat to get the food and have people be like whoa!

lol, i mean your thinking close minded if you dont think its a good idea, not only just to be different and how cool it would be, but didnt honda make the best cars rhd? i wonder why?
yeah, and you could deliver the mail:rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
BTW, you need a front clip from japan, unfortunatly youd need to buy the motor with that, but you wont have problems selling the motor and things you dont want. im not sure where to get them because i forget, but if i remember ill let you know

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you!

I was going to reply to those smart comments, but I figured why join them, i'd rather spend my time searching for a way to CONVERT TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE.

And yeah, in my friend's rhd integra, girls do stare and giggle at stop lights. Well, it being a bright yellow doesn't hurt either, but it's still catches alot of attention.

And come on, be honest with me here, you either fix up your car because you 1. Want girls/guys/other enthusiasts attention , 2. are a hardcore enthusiasts and couldn't drive that car any other way, 3. wants to be different.

I'm not going to lie, I fall into all 3 categories, i'm sure there are other reasons why you people do it, but that's mine.

Just think of the unique looks you'll get from someone when you pull up to them and is sitting right next to them. I never for a second thought it was going to be easy, but it CAN be done, and all i'm asking for is HOW. And yeah, I know i'd have to buy the whole front clip along with the motor, if the engine is still in good condition i'd probably keep it. I have a motorhead friend that can do alot with engines it'll be no problem putting that motor to good use.

Anyone know the mechanical problem i'd run into?
ie: pedals, wires, controls.

And where can I get a jdm dash along with that front end.

On another note, I have later plans for a JDM TypeR headlight conversion, any problems I should be aware of? Does anyone know? Clearance, fitting, would I have to cut into the radiator support alot?

·
Registered
371 Posts
LuDeHaTcH H22a said:
what are you guys on crack?
why WOULDNT you want a rhd prelude? let me list the reasons you would since there are no valid reasons not to.

1 pimp factor 10
2 jdm
3 if your right handed, wouldnt you want to steer with your best hand?
4 who has it?
5 about the getting fast food....how cool would that be to have to lean over the seat to get the food and have people be like whoa!

lol, i mean your thinking close minded if you dont think its a good idea, not only just to be different and how cool it would be, but didnt honda make the best cars rhd? i wonder why?
yeah, and you could deliver the mail:rolleyes:
I'd have to agree with 1, 2, 4, and 5. I don't know about 3. You'd have to shift with your left hand which is gonna take awhile to get used to. You're gonna be off balance a lil bit cause you're using your left foot and left hand to change gears. Try doing a lay-up with your left leg and left hand and you'll see what I mean. Well...that's if you CAN do a left handed lay-up. hahaha...
:p :D Plus, aren't you supposed to be driving with 2 hands, not 1??:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts