Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just lowered my car on nuespeed race springs (it looks pretty sweet) and now i'm getting some rims. i want to get 18s but i'm wondering if they will be to big since it is dropped 2 inches all the way around. so i'm thinking wether i should get 18s or 17s with 215/45/17 tires. what should i do.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
whoa a 45 size tire? u need 35's and no lower than a 45 offset

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
in 18s you'll be forced to find a wheel with the correct offset, which limits and already somewhat smaller selection of wheels available. with 17s you can get away with an offset that's not quite right, and maybe only have to roll the fenders a little.

oh yea, and if you put 45 size tires on 18 inch wheels, you're gonna rub like mad, and your speedo will be way off.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If you want 18s, it's not like it can't be done. It's just more difficult. In looking for wheels for my car, I noticed that many of the wheels I liked didn't come in the right offset, or even close. I was looking for 17s, I assume it's even harder with 18s.

18s just take a little more time to find. They're usually more expensive too.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
you can run 18's. just get a +50 to +45mm offset.

18X7.5 and throw on some 225/35/18 tires.

otherwise you can run a 17" rim with +50 to +40MM and run a 215/40/17 tire with the load rating required. Toyo t1-s and falken fk451's meet the load requirements.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks 98Vtec that picture helped out alot. i think i might go with the 18's set up. i really like how the 18s look since preludes are kinda big cars compared to like the civics and stuff but the price of 18s always make it a hard choice wether to go with them or not. but thanks everyone for helping me out

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
lOOkatme said:
you can run 18's. just get a +50 to +45mm offset.

18X7.5 and throw on some 225/35/18 tires.

otherwise you can run a 17" rim with +50 to +40MM and run a 215/40/17 tire with the load rating required. Toyo t1-s and falken fk451's meet the load requirements.
i wouldn't go lower than a 44" offset for 17's and your drop

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
97lude said:
i wouldn't go lower than a 44" offset for 17's and your drop
I have +40mm with a race drop. works fine.

they may rub a tiny bit in the beginning...no biggy.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I have +40mm with a race drop. works fine.

they may rub a tiny bit in the beginning...no biggy.
the reason i said that was b/c i have a 42 offset w/ neuspeed sport drop and the 1st week and a 1/2 i rubbed a lot........so i'll imagine it would be a lot worse w/ a race drop

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
97lude said:
the reason i said that was b/c i have a 42 offset w/ neuspeed sport drop and the 1st week and a 1/2 i rubbed a lot........so i'll imagine it would be a lot worse w/ a race drop
do you have a camber kit?? if so that will make it rub worse...I have camber kits on all four corners. before I had the kits I didn't rub at all...just after I set it to -.5 all around.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
lOOkatme said:
do you have a camber kit?? if so that will make it rub worse...I have camber kits on all four corners. before I had the kits I didn't rub at all...just after I set it to -.5 all around.
yea i have them for the fronts where i rubbed....but it still set a little off for better turning:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts