Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this application is a90 crx with red paint.I have decided to go with Group n from rota,I need opinions on what size the car will be lowered. Most say 15 inch will be best ,but i tried a 99 si rim on it and it looked big for the car.

well any opinions will be considered

thanks for your time

G

·
revin=smiles said:
Hi, this application is a90 crx with red paint.I have decided to go with Group n from rota,I need opinions on what size the car will be lowered. Most say 15 inch will be best ,but i tried a 99 si rim on it and it looked big for the car.

well any opinions will be considered

thanks for your time
I agree. I got my fat fives off a CRX, it looked like a monster truck.

What is your drop, or what will be your drop, that will help.

·
Registered
798 Posts
195/50/15 with 15" rims, or 205-215/45/16 on 16" rims.

16s with a 2" drop look perfect, as they elimiate the wheel gap completely. I liked my 16s wrapped in 205/45/16s on better than my 15s....

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
my_qd said:
15"s aint big enough, I have 17"s on my 88' rex and i need to go bigger, maybe 18's or trim some metal up and squeeze 19's, bigger is better
Dude shut the hell up, nobody that actually cares about a rex or its style is going to ruin it by putting 18's or 19's on it.
15's=great handling, and great race wheel
16's=decent handling and race wheel with some show
17's=all show and no go
18's= :kick

·
Registered
452 Posts
For what this is worth you can save a good bit and get a nice Spoon 'knockoff' from Speedy Wheel. They have all sorts of possible solution and they are not heavy either. Check out their Motorsport series for example. One of them sells for under $100 each in a 15x6.5. You said you are lowering the car and that will have an effect regardless. Our race car is still on 14" (15" coming shortly) and is at the SCCA/NASA ride height of 5" I also had to roll the rear fenders. Rims are AR/Motegi MR12. The 15" with the correct PLUS size tire looks fine. :)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
pearlwhite_HF said:
Dude shut the hell up, nobody that actually cares about a rex or its style is going to ruin it by putting 18's or 19's on it.
15's=great handling, and great race wheel
16's=decent handling and race wheel with some show
17's=all show and no go
18's= :kick
Actually, people do. He did ask for opinions so I'm not going to argue with you on that. Though, just like the engine swap questions, I believe we need a "what rim size to get?" sticky".

back o/t.

For the most part, you rim size is going to depend on you application, and your budget you willing to spend on tires. The taller rim and/or wider rim you get, the more you are going to have to spend on tires.

Now

15"= Are the best all around. The plus size tire delivers decent ride comfort, at the sime time you get a good level of performance (depending on your tire also).

16"= These look great. These will also give you a decent amout of performance and decent ride comfort. These will give you more rotating mass IF they are heavier than another 15" rim you may have chosen.

With both 15" & 16" rims you will benifit from the ability to drop you car lower if you wanted to.

17"= These also great. The only tire that usually comes with this rim is a performance tires. The reason people will usually tell you that you peformance will be shot is because 17" rims usually have make a heavy rotating mass. Your cornering should not be shot to much, but usually your deceleration and acceleration will be. These rims are best suited for show/street cars. Though don't believe that your car won't be fast any more. If it was fast to start with it will still be fast, and if it was slow to begin with 15 & 16" rims won't help that.

You can usually only drop you car about 2" on 17". The addition of a body kit is needed to give it that low to the ground look.

18"= These usually are reserved only for show cars. They have a high rotating mass, and you won't be able to drop you car to much.

19"= don't bother, unless you are nothing but show. On a street car they may look decent, but save yourself the chiroprator(sp?) visits.

No on has explained though why J's Racing used 18" up front and 17" on the back of their time attack CRX. Hmmm? Anybody???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.