Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey see the rims in my sig(look in my gallery for more pics)

I want to strip the white off them and take them down to bare alum.,what products on the market will do this w/o hurting the alum. itself?

BTW I did put this in the wheel/tire section but it's kinda slooooow over there

·
Registered
107 Posts
are you gonna leave em at bare alum? if so.. lemme kno what kinda rims you got and the size. if you wanna trade i might be interested, i got silver 17'' ruff racings you can kinda see them in my sig but if you want ill get some better pics.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would trade ya but my rims are curbed,this is why I'm trying to do this

They are curbed bad enough to mess up the white on the but not the actual rim it self

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
take them somewhere to have them sand blasted. the surface will be smooth and all that paint will be gone.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
take them somewhere to have them sand blasted. the surface will be smooth and all that paint will be gone.
yes this is your best bet. it got all the paint off my valvecover.. and it gives it a paint ready finish.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mulletov said:
here's some writeups I find helpful

http://www.h o n d a-t e c h.com/zerothread?id=316500 = painting wheels

http://h o n d a-t e c h.com/zerothread?id=804963 = stripping paint & polish

remove the spaces between the letters for the full effect heh
thanks for the links,I thought of sandblasting but I am worried about "pitting" of the Alum.What about getting them hot tanked or using a paint thinner?

·
Registered
39 Posts
you mught want to try aifcraft remover. i used it on my chrome ones to redo them in white. i also used it on my valve cover on the integra. works great and you can find it at any wal-mart in the paint section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts