Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Friday night... whacked out of my mind ..and I hit a pothole the size of god.. The result two bent rims up front.. with no visible tire damage...

Question 1.- Is there a way to fix this??? Would you recommend fixing it??

2.- Do I just say fuk it and buy a new set of rims?? My car has 40,000 miles on it, is it worth it to buy new rims??
What do I do with the bent rims I f they can't be fixed? Do I put them out on trashday??

Help...!!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it's in the sig. anyway Konig Verdict 225/40/18 Nittos 555

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
bent and dented rims can be fixed. just take them to a wheel repair shop. i don't know if it's worth it to fix. that'll depend on how much you're charged, which is based on how much damage there is. but it never hurts to have an estimate. then you'll be able to gauge the value of repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Typical" cost for repair of a bent rim is $125- $200. A pretty good deal considering the cost of a new wheel ($400 and up). As long as the "cylinder" (area around the lug nut holes) is not mis-alligned, you should be able to "true" the wheels. Just had a rim off my wife's Infiniti I35 repaired at WheelWorkz in Memphis - - better than new.

·
Registered
658 Posts
yup, most shops charge a minimum $100 for basic repair so it might be worthwhile to buy new rims. also, they will probably repaint both rims and there is chance that the color will be off. another factor is the type of damage...how are the lips bent? in, out, other??? a shop told me that lips bent inward is better than bent outward...because outwardly bent lips might crack off while being reshaped (they then weld in new material).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts