Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k heres the deal, Tax money is comin back soon. and i am totaly torn between gettin some 00 GSR Blades, or getting a Clutch. I need a new clutch if I am gona increase my performance. i am gona be boosting my teg to 10lbs all day. and i need a new clutch. i can drive on the stock clutch in there now but def. not if i do performance mods. but here is a pic of my teg now, and i HATE these rims i think they are nasty. o and this pic os photo shoped to be lower.. its at stock suspension right now...
So what is it guys.. shuld i do Rims or Clutch??

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Id get rims until your clutch goes out. If you can drive it easy until you have enough money that is. If your car has alot of miles with the stock clutch it will most likly go out very quickly with a turbo.

by the way nice teg. Is it a gs?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its a GS. thanks for that Prelude94'

and the car has 112k on her. so the clutch is in fine cond.

heres more just to give yall more info..... blades- Aprox. $350-400$
Clutch-$330-$400

so eather way im spending the same amount....

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I just replaced my clutch at 122K. Mine is a 91 tho and your looks to be a little newer. Ohh and it cost me $650. That included the parts listed in my sig and labor. I also had the rear main seal reaplaced but that only cost me $30 for the part and no labor. And I think youll need a much stronger clutch than what i have for a turbo set up. that is what your plan right?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prelude94' said:
I just replaced my clutch at 122K. Mine is a 91 tho and your looks to be a little newer. Ohh and it cost me $650. That included the parts listed in my sig and labor. I also had the rear main seal reaplaced but that only cost me $30 for the part and no labor. And I think youll need a much stronger clutch than what i have for a turbo set up. that is what your plan right?
mine is actualy a 90. and the clutch is gona cost me about $350 ish. i do all my work myself. i would be swapin in my brand new rebuilt b18a that i rebuilt with all new OEM parts, 3angle Valve job, P&P, some GSR parts inthere, and a few other goodies. and yea ima need a Stage 2 or stage 3 clutch. i need sumthin to handle about 260hp.... so the rims and clutch are gona be about the same price for eather

·
Registered
97 Posts
Priorities:

1) Go Fast
2) Be Loud (System wise - keep it LIGHT in weight though)
3) Look good doing it

so what if the rims are shitty? you can roll up next to someone and they think *o its a stock GS no problem*

i say rims last

thats what i did

but im still buying go fast parts...lol

good luck

joe

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
93ls said:
Priorities:

1) Go Fast
2) Be Loud (System wise - keep it LIGHT in weight though)
3) Look good doing it

so what if the rims are shitty? you can roll up next to someone and they think *o its a stock GS no problem*

i say rims last

thats what i did

but im still buying go fast parts...lol

good luck

joe

i personally disagree with the loud part, but that is just my opinion. but yes, better all go and no show than all show and no go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would get suspension because with the stock suspension gsr blades will look retarded on a g2. And with the setup you have for your motor running 10psi with produce more than 260hp, i would put in a clutch when you swap the motor if you are doing it yourself.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
strtrcr77 said:
I would get suspension because with the stock suspension gsr blades will look retarded on a g2. And with the setup you have for your motor running 10psi with produce more than 260hp, i would put in a clutch when you swap the motor if you are doing it yourself.
Yeah, do the clutch when you drop a motor in. It'll be super easy to do when the engine it out.
Why get the blades? The fat fives look beter IMO....

·
Registered
238 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
Yeah, do the clutch when you drop a motor in. It'll be super easy to do when the engine it out.
Why get the blades? The fat fives look beter IMO....
[email protected] fat fives, always replace the things that is more important. it'll be tight to see someone with the blades on a DA.
Go Fast With Style :giggle

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd go with the clutch, Rim & tire combo can come later, If you want something besides the blades.
But it's sounds better to do the clutch before it goes out on you, Then your car is chillin there with nice wheels and a smelly clutch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts