Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, here's my situation and need you guys help, currently I had 00 si bone stock and thinking get some wheels.... :rolleyes:

1. I went to get my oil change today and the machanic pointed me out that my tires are ready to go out, maybe another 3-6 months or so. While we were talking he said if I want to sell my original si rims, he would buy it from me, I asked him how much he would pay for, he ask me to give him the price, how much should I say? only minor rock chip on the rims (after 3 1/2 years).

2. Let's say I sold the stock rims to him, should I get a 16 or 17 inch rims? My friend had a 00 ex with 17 inch rims, lowered not too much, looks nice but seems the wheels are too big with no body kit on. So since the si has a little bit more "body kit" then the ex, will the 17 inch rim looks better on the si then ex? or go with 16 inch?

3. Also, what size of tire should I get on either 16 or 17? I was thinking, 205/45/16 or 215/40/17, does these figure work on the 16 or 17? I am also planning to lower a bit.

Sorry for the long thread, any pics would be great.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i dont know how bad your tires really are but try to ask somewhere around $400 for your rims.

get 16's since they are a good compromise. they are not as big and heavy as some 17's, you'll have a thicker sidewall (less chance of bending/cracking when you hit a pot hole), and 16's are cheaper than 17's.

if you get 16's you'll need 205/45
and if you get 17's you'll need 205/40

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip.... how much are the brand new 00 si stock costs? just want to compare between new and used....

Do you have pics for the specs that you mentioned?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i've heard that they go for $118 each brand new. i just cant remember at which dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I decide to keep the original rims, what kind of tires should I get? I heard people talked about Z rated or something.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts