Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure how many people wont like this but im looking for some help on how its done ... if any1 knows please give me some info...

i think this is the right forum to post this in?

but yeah like... from what im thinking .. since my rims are 7"wide im asuming i would need to get 45profile tires and like 6.5 wide ?? im not even sure if u can get a 6.5inch wide tire?... if u know please let me know thanks a bunch, lol

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
you put a fuck ton of air in it and the tire sits on the bead....barely. if you really wanna do stretch tires and shit you might wanna head over to stanceworks and talk to those guys. thats what they about.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
This is a show car right? Tire stretching isn't exactly a good thing to drive on as a daily commute or at higher speeds obviously

Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels has tires and info on the appropriate rim widths they should be mounted to. If you exceed the maximum rim width for a specified tire your potentially putting yourself in danger.

One way is they glue the seams as normal and set the tire on its side, pour some ether alcohol inside it and a trail leading away and light the trail, the rapid expansion of gases from the small explosion seats the tire onto the rim and pressurizes it. It can even be done with big ass tractor trailer tires and shit, crazy ass rednecks do it around here. lol

Just a little FYI

Personally I wouldn't do it, you can always up size a rim and downsize a tire's profile and basically achieve the same effect.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
you put a fuck ton of air in it and the tire sits on the bead....barely. if you really wanna do stretch tires and shit you might wanna head over to stanceworks and talk to those guys. thats what they about.
stance is what they are about not just stretching tires. but I agree that would be a good place to go or even hit up vwvortex I know alot on there that do it as well.

StanceWorks - Powered by vBulletin

VWvortex.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts